Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Sraz

Entertainment Not Rated
        7-9 5.0
        10-12 5.0

Don't Believe All the Others
OK I will start this by saying that we picked this cruise before reading any reviews and I will tell you that once I read them I was very worried. Didn't want any funky smells, long lines, rude employees or bad Cruise Directors. I was worried about my vacation after the first one.

Embarkation- Wonderful in the terminal only about 25 minutes I read some horror stories about the long waits but it didn't exist and please remember that they are loading 4300 people on board and have to get everyone pass security within 2 hours!

Room - we booked an inside room and you know what with a family of 4 it was tight but I booked it, so if it was too small I guess it is my fault then. All in all the room worked out great.

Dining - We went with another family and we were not together but one quick trip to the "Host" and all was fixed. I do not like the Any time dining as I have heard that this does get long lines because again a lot of people choose this option and then all go at the same time. My suggestion is to pick a time slot ( We like the late) and go with it.

Staff - I can't say anything negative about anyone on the staff and neither can my wife or my 12 and 8 year old kids. The waiters (Mo and Rey) knew all of us on the second night and had our drinks ready for us and our bar waiter (Jake) found me on the Lido Deck every day to bring me my beer. The only thing I saw that was a negative (kind of) was one day for lunch I noticed a gentleman going up to the Mongolian Buffet which had just closed and complain because he felt that since he was in line at another food buffet than that entitled him to a pass to all of the buffets, I guess? I grew up in restaurants and the employee handled it great telling the guest that if you were in another line than you don't get to go to all the buffets. This same day I did see 3 or 4 people show up to a buffet and when they saw it was closed they started to walk away but the gentleman behind the line told them to come on up since he hadn't cleared off the line yet.

The islands were great and we had a great time on them as I have explained below.

Since we had our kids we didn't go to any shows so I can't comment on those but the cruise director and his staff seemed like they were on their games.

Debarkation - We had driven in to the cruise so we decided to debark ourselves so this was a breeze were were allowed to leave before anyone else but we had one last breakfast and then went to our rooms, got our bags and left off the ship by 8:50 and on the road by 9:30, can't complain about that.

I will definitely cruise this again!!!!

Publication Date: 10/15/12