Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Eekybabes

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Eekybabes
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: Eekybabes
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: JS
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

The BEST holiday ever on Liberty of the Seas
This was our first cruise, so we didn't know what to expect....what a wonderful surprise we got! Start to finish- everything was fabulous. My husband and I were travelling with my Mum who has mobility problems.

Check in- we waited 2 minutes in line and were fully checked in 5 minutes later - everyone was very helpful for Mum who uses a walking frame.

Rooms - perfect! Very clean and spacious. Our attendant was amazing - so friendly and helpful e.g. provided ice etc for us everyday without being asked. Mum's TV remote control didn't work properly when we arrived - this was fixed within the hour and Guest services were extremely apologetic.

Dining - After reading the reviews, I didn't know what to expect!! We got a pleasant surprise. We ate in the Windjammer for every breakfast and lunch plus one dinner - and used the Botticelli dining room for the rest of our evening meals. Windjammer was great - something for everyone and everything is fresh. The main dining room is beautiful and what wonderful service!! Nothing was too much trouble and our waiters were incredibly friendly - even remembering our names. There is a great variety on the menu and the portion sizes are perfect. The presentation of everything in the Windjammer and main dining room is beautiful.

Drinks - the only disappointing aspect of the holiday. The drinks that are free are very diluted - not like an all inclusive holiday.

Barcelona - was fine - we did a brief tour before we boarded. Loved the Segrada Familia. La Rambla etc was ok - nothing special.

Toulon - we stayed on the ship for this and sunbathed! Always plenty of loungers and the solarium area was very quiet (though there were hardly any children on board, so all the areas were quiet!) The pool attendants were fab - really friendly and entertaining.

Cannes - is a tender port. VERY unsafe access to the tender for my Mum. The gangway to the tender was rocking about violently - I was terrified and I am completely able bodied. No one helped Mum at all (apart from my husband) - though it was the tender staff at the gangway, not RCCL staff. We had enquired beforehand about whether this would be suitable for Mum and were told there was no problem for people in wheelchairs etc Please be warned if you are not steady on your feet - tendering may not be for you!! Otherwise, we had arranged a tour with 'Riviera Together Tours' and visited Cannes, Nice and Monaco. Be sure to try 'Fennochio' ice cream shop in Nice - 1 hundred different flavours and all naturally made.

Livorno - Much easier for Mum to get off the ship here, thank goodness! Toured with 'Tuscan Sunshine Tours' Florence and Pisa. Completely fell in love with Tuscany (despite the rain in the early morning) and will definitely return.

Civitavecchia - very industrial port. Stayed on the ship as we have just been to Rome. Wonderful - the ship was deserted and the weather wonderful. Had lunch in Johnny Rockets and loved it. The milkshakes are fabulous!

Naples - looks like a pretty port, but Naples if awful when you get into it. Fortunately, we had a tour booked with 'Aldo Limos' to Sorrento, Positano and Pompeii. I have wanted to visit Positano since I was in my teens - and I wasn't disappointed - FABULOUS! Sorrento was only ok in comparison - I wish we had spent the whole time at Positano! I found Pompeii really sad. Having been round the Roman Forum etc I expected it to be much the same, but seeing the cowering bodies set in the ash was so sad. Also, there were lots of tourists shouting and giggling right beside them - and that didn't seem quite right. Very interesting though.

Day at sea - really enjoyed this - plenty to do. In the evening the wind was so strong that they had to close the whirlpools - so we didn't get our final dip!

Entertainment - we only went to the ice show - it was fantastic. Lots of incidental entertainment is dotted about the ship though.

Staff - couldn't have been more helpful - everyone was wonderful. Except - the Captain, who looked grumpy in our photo with him (and much of the rest if the time too!)

Disembarkation was like a military operation - so slick. We requested wheelchair assistance for Mum and they were incredibly helpful. All went very smoothly.

All in all - a wonderful holiday! Hope that you enjoy your holiday on Liberty as much as we did!!

Publication Date: 10/15/12