Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by FancyNancy88

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by FancyNancy88
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: FancyNancy88
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: 04
Cabin Number: 2093
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Wonderful Panama Canal Cruise
- We had a great time on our Celebrity Millennium Panama Canal cruise. Our embarkation in San Diego went smoothly - the quickest embarkation we have ever had (this was our 10th cruise - 5th cruise line). The number of employees per passenger (and level of service) seemed greater on this cruise than any of our others. Initially, we had a problem with our air conditioning (the ship had just come from Alaska), which was quickly fixed. That high level of service continued through the entire trip.

- The ship was recently refurbished, had an understated but elegant decor, and was immaculate. Our cabin attendants were very hard working and kept our cabin in great shape. Our waiters were wonderful - the service was astonishingly quick.

- We loved the entertainment, especially the music. Our favorite entertainer was Brooks Arehon who played the piano - he had both an evening show and an afternoon classical show - he was entertaining in his dialog and wonderful in his playing. We attended an excellent and lively Broadway type show with wonderful dancers - and singers who also danced (at the same time - quite difficult to do). The ship had a classical all female string trio who played every evening in a lounge area and one afternoon in the auditorium. We really loved them. We did not expect this level of entertainment. The pool area and both of the night clubs had enjoyable, live entertainment. All of the shows and entertainment were very well attended.

- We watched two excellent documentaries regarding the building of the Panama Canal and three different lectures regarding the Panama Canal. AND - Dr. Harley from NASA provided five lectures sessions regarding astronomy, which were fascinating (e.g. the search for life in the universe). Again, all were very well attended. The entertainment was truly outstanding and was the best we have ever had on a cruise.

- Food was very good - my favorite was lunch at the spa restaurant (open to all passengers). The spa food was light and delicious - items such as cold poached salmon, interesting salads with calamari, etc. I had lunch there every sea day. Twice, I went to the buffet at afternoon tea time to find that they had no watermelon on the buffet - so I asked the servers, who quickly obtained a bowl of it for me. As I said, the service was quick and excellent.

- The fitness center was large with many types of equipment, including 12 treadmills - I only had to wait for a treadmill one time (I used them every day) and then only for five minutes. I had a personal training session. The trainer went above and beyond what I expected, even giving me a gratis follow up.

- We never waited in long lines on this cruise. Disembarkation went as smoothly as embarkation. So - we have fond memories of this cruise.

- Downside to our cruise: our cabin was small - only about 2/3 the size of the cabin from our last cruise (different cruise line, brand new ship). And the internet was terrible. I tried to use it but it was so slow, it was impossible. We wound up buying internet on shore at the ports. I spoke with a nice young man at the customer relations desk who credited the entire fee for internet back to us, which I greatly appreciated.

Publication Date: 10/15/12
More Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews

More Panama Canal & Central America Reviews
Great cruise
17 day Panama Canal Celebrity...
Unhappy with Coral Princess