Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by LB Cruiser: A Beautiful Caribbean Cruise on the Oasis

Oasis of the Seas 4
LB Cruiser
Member Since 2009
42 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

A Beautiful Caribbean Cruise on the Oasis

Sail Date: July 2012

This summer I took a cruise on the largest cruise ship in the world. The seven-day Eastern Caribbean voyage left from Fort Lauderdale and stopped in the Bahamas, Saint Thomas, Saint John (on our own) and Saint Martin. My friends and I began the trip by spending a few days in Fort Lauderdale. We stayed at the Hilton Marina Hotel. We had a great ocean view room with a large balcony overlooking the water. On Saturday we made our way to the port to board the Oasis of the Seas.

The embarkation process was very fast and well organized. We were on the ship about thirty minutes after arriving at the port. The Oasis is one BIG, beautiful ship! Words cannot describe how I felt after boarding. Our room was modern but compact. It was our comfortable home for a week. I really enjoyed having an ocean-view balcony. The public areas on the ship were beautiful! So many bars, pools, lounges and places to eat, we had endless choices to make on the ship. I was surprised that on this More big beautiful ship there was only one lounge where we could have a drink and look out at the ocean. Many of the public areas had no windows at all. I missed seeing the sea while being on the oasis.

While the ship itself was outstanding the service on this cruise was just average. We had great crewmembers serving us but they seemed to be both overworked and tired from dealing with thousands of passengers. I believe that the ship is just too big and carries too many people. We all love to cruise but we will not cruise on a giant ship in the future. We did not feel papered or special on the Oasis as we have on the other ships in the fleet. Rather, we felt like just a number or a customer. Feeling taken care of and welcome is what we look forward to about cruising. We did not find either on the Oasis.

Every port on this cruise was a tropical paradise! We shopped in the Bahamas, snorkeled in St. John and lounged on the beach in St. Martin. Overall we had a restful and relaxing mass-market vacation in the beautiful Caribbean! Less

Published 10/15/12

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X