Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Fernhurst4

Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: BC
Entertainment 5+

Fabulous EPIC
Firstly CHECK-IN - I needed assistance for embarkation which unfortunately was a fiasco. We were told where to sit and wait, we waited - and other people were taken before me that checked in later!!! Eventually after a few complaints to staff, I was assisted. This is/was our only complaint.

The ship is fabulous, but we knew that anyway because we had previously gone on a "taster cruise" with the Epic. I would definitely recommend doing this if you can. Once on board we went to the huge Garden Cafe for lunch - it had something for everyone - the variety was overwhelming - it was all cooked perfectly (and I am very fussy with food). You could also have "free" coffee, iced tea, hot tea (various flavours), or water. We ate here quite often.

RESTAURANTS - TASTE (named) - my husband enjoyed his steaks, but I am afraid since our "taster cruise" when I thought it the best restaurant, had gone downhill for me. Chicken I had was dry/bland, jacket potato was small and dry (not fluffy), vegetables far too al dente. After a couple of meals we went elsewhere.

The MANHATTAN restaurant was lovely - better atmosphere - although service a bit slow. The food was far better in here. We would definitely only go to this one if we cruised on the Epic again.

O'SHEGHANS - 24 hour diner - food here too was very nice, you could have breakfast, lunches, snacks etc. Again food cooked well and tasty.

EPIC THEATRE - we saw Legends in Concert show which was fantastic. The theatre itself is spacious and nice seats.

The BLISS LOUNGE - very decorative/glitzy - we went here and played some quizzes - we also met some really nice friendly cruisers here.

Lovely shops on board - perfumery, jewellers, cigarettes/tobacco/alcohol and much more.

Our CABIN - we had a mid-ship balcony on Deck 8 - had everything you needed and a lovely filter coffee maker which included coffee, sugar, milk etc. Large TV - some old and good films on, comedies, news etc. In room bar if wanted (steward would have to unlock it). Also had "Pay per view" films for 9.95 dollars. Only downside of our cabin was the balcony, which was only partially covered (others above were fully covered). You can smoke on the balcony too.

The EPIC is a huge ship - only has elevators forward and aft (none mid-ship). We would definitely sail on her again and recommend to others.

Publication Date: 10/15/12