Eurodam Cruise Review by Konskie

Eurodam
Eurodam
Member Name: Konskie
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: VH
See More About: Eurodam Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Another Wonderful Cruise
We arrived in New York two days prior to the cruise. Stayed at the Sheraton New York in Midtown. Very nice hotel but in a noisy location. We stayed at the Hilton on 6th Ave and 53rd St. a few years ago and its quiet compared to the Sheraton.

Embarkation: We arrived at the terminal before noon and after two we were on the Eurodam - something regarding the computers - at least there was no line up at the Lido Buffet.

We had late dining, which I wasn't that fond of so we went to the lido 6 out of the 10 days. We did enjoy our meals in the dining room and had a table for 2 as requested. We found the food to be very good as in our previous cruises.

Our accommodation was a balcony on the 6th deck aft with a great 180 degree view and I cannot say enough about our room stewards. Polite, courteous and always there when you need them.

Entertainment: Enjoyed the comedians and the singers and dancers were very professional. At times I thought I was in Vegas. J.C. the cruise director was quite knowledgeable and entertaining.

Ports of Call:

Newport, Rhode Island - we decided on a tour of the mansions and were note disappointed.

Gloucester, Mass. - Historic Boston and Cambridge - I would recommend this tour.

Bar Harbor, Maine - Tour of Bar Harbor, with a horse and carriage ride in Acadia National Park. Also went to Cadillac Mountain with spectacular scenery.

Halifax - my husband has a brother here so we visited with the family.

A very good tour to take is Peggy's Cove, the Citadel and Anne of Green Gables.

Have done these previously.

Sydney - was windy but sunny and my husband and I took the Fort Louisbourg tour.

Quite interesting - enjoyed the history.

Charlottetown, P.E.I. - didn't take any tours as we have been here before. We just walked around and shopped. Stopped into a beautiful church and said a prayer.

Saquenay - did not take any tours. Was very windy so we decided to stay on the ship.

Quebec City - this is where the leaves stared to turn colors. Very beautiful. We went on a tour of the history of Upper and Lower Quebec with a horse and carriage ride. Would definitely recommend this tour.

Disembarkation: The best of any of the past cruises we've been on. We were called at 7:00 a.m., cleared Customs, picked up our luggage and were on the bus to the airport at 7:30. Very well organized.

We enjoy cruising with Holland America and will definitely book another one next year.

Publication Date: 10/15/12