Eurodam 5

Cruise review of Holland America Eurodam

Konskie
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

We arrived in New York two days prior to the cruise. Stayed at the Sheraton New York in Midtown. Very nice hotel but in a noisy location. We stayed at the Hilton on 6th Ave and 53rd St. a few years ago and its quiet compared to the Sheraton.

Embarkation: We arrived at the terminal before noon and after two we were on the Eurodam - something regarding the computers - at least there was no line up at the Lido Buffet.

We had late dining, which I wasn't that fond of so we went to the lido 6 out of the 10 days. We did enjoy our meals in the dining room and had a table for 2 as requested. We found the food to be very good as in our previous cruises.

Our accommodation was a balcony on the 6th deck aft with a great 180 degree view and I cannot say enough about our room stewards. Polite, courteous and always there when you need them.

Entertainment: Enjoyed the comedians and the singers and dancers were very professional. At times I thought I was in More Vegas. J.C. the cruise director was quite knowledgeable and entertaining.

Ports of Call:

Newport, Rhode Island - we decided on a tour of the mansions and were note disappointed.

Gloucester, Mass. - Historic Boston and Cambridge - I would recommend this tour.

Bar Harbor, Maine - Tour of Bar Harbor, with a horse and carriage ride in Acadia National Park. Also went to Cadillac Mountain with spectacular scenery.Halifax - my husband has a brother here so we visited with the family.

A very good tour to take is Peggy's Cove, the Citadel and Anne of Green Gables.
Have done these previously.

Sydney - was windy but sunny and my husband and I took the Fort Louisbourg tour.
Quite interesting - enjoyed the history.

Charlottetown, P.E.I. - didn't take any tours as we have been here before. We just walked around and shopped. Stopped into a beautiful church and said a prayer.

Saquenay - did not take any tours. Was very windy so we decided to stay on the ship.

Quebec City - this is where the leaves stared to turn colors. Very beautiful. We went on a tour of the history of Upper and Lower Quebec with a horse and carriage ride. Would definitely recommend this tour.

Disembarkation: The best of any of the past cruises we've been on. We were called at 7:00 a.m., cleared Customs, picked up our luggage and were on the bus to the airport at 7:30. Very well organized.

We enjoy cruising with Holland America and will definitely book another one next year. Less

Eurodam Cruises to Canada & New England

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Published 10/15/12

Read Cruise Critic's Eurodam Review

Eurodam Cruises to Canada & New England

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?