“A Magical Week on the Magic”
Cruise review of Carnival Magic

swim4lifekac Carnival Magic 5 A Magical Week on the Magic
swim4lifekac
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We just got off the Carnival Magic after a Magical week of cruising. This was our 11th cruise and our 5th on Carnival. We were a little worried after reading the negative reviews on Cruise Critic, but throughout the week, we could not find anything to complain about. On the contrary, we had the best cruise we have ever had and all of our cruises have been good. Some have complained about the room stewards. Ours were more than fabulous! They greeted us by name each time they saw us wherever we were on the ship. The wait staff was equally as friendly. We had My Time dining, and all but one night we had different wait staff. They were all wonderful, with excellent service and the lady we had two nights in a row, remembered us and greeted us accordingly. The towel girl by the Beach Pool always greeted us and we never even needed to get a towel from her. In fact we always got a greeting from any of the staff, whenever we saw someone. The lines on the ship were no longer than on any other ship we have sailed on. We were always able to get whatever we wanted without too long a wait and we certainly did not go hungry :). I participated in Dodge-ball on the days at sea. Mike made it fun and though I was one of the few women playing and a bit older than most, I had a wonderful time and once was even the last player for my team on the court! The water slides were super fun, matching water-park slides for length and fun. I also really enjoyed the sky course. The guys were very helpful and with their support, I was able to conquer my fear of heights even on windy sea days. The comedians were super and the shows we watched very enjoyable. We played bingo, watched many of the various games, enjoyed Karaoke and my husband hit the gym almost every day. Debarkation was a breeze, we did Self Assist and were off the ship, through customs and on the road by 7:30. Awesome trip!
Carnival Magic Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8E10216
Our cabin was the standard balcony cabin on most Carnival Ships. The main improvement is that there is now a flat screen tv, so the shelf at the end of the desk area is gone and the safe is now underneath. The room seems bigger without the shelving that used to house the TV and the safe. The only bad part, was that there was a 2 year old in the next cabin that screamed every night and the parents did not know how to calm the child down. He woke us every night and even with ear plugs we could hear him scream.
Published 10/14/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Magic Review
Carnival Magic Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?