Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by pantherlady

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by pantherlady
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Conquest
Member Name: pantherlady
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 8E
See More About: Carnival Conquest Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment Not Rated

Conquest cruise was outstanding!
My best friend and I drove from Northwest Florida to New Orleans and parked at the Erato Street terminal. Easy bag drop off and parking. My friend needed a wheelchair, and was met promptly at the elevator, taken to the check-in, and taken directly to our room. We were on the Panorama deck and our steward, Johnson, did everything to keep us happy, bringing ice whenever we needed it. Terrific and friendly service was noted on the entire ship.

Of course, upon boarding, we had to check out the lido and found it crowded, but from experience, we go to the back buffet since it is not quite as crowded. We found the Fish and Chips OUTSTANDING. Fried fish, oysters and calamari. Also, the SUSHI bar, open at 5pm daily, was not crowded and very good.

We were assigned late dining in the upper Renoir dining room and cannot say enough good things to say about the staff. Enrico, the maitre d', our waiters and servers, Reynaldo, Nicart and Olexandra, and our barman, Lovee(sp) were FABULOUS. They waited on us hand and foot, danced with us and became like family.

The musical talent was varied and good, the staff at the main desk was friendly and helpful when I lost an item. (even one, Paulina, was my partner on a tour to the Rays). This is the best crew of any cruise ship I have ever taken and they need to be commended for their hard work.

We did not attend any shows, but I did go to one of the comedy shows. There are family and adult shows to choose from. Great for families.

Like a former reviewer stated, the disembarkation was long and tedious. I don't know how it can be improved, unless they call by floor. On this ship there are MANY folks who self-assist, and they debark first, even before the handicapped and Platinum/Diamond group. If you are not self assist or have an early flight, I would take my time and have lunch, read, etc.

I will be taking this ship again in November and cannot wait to see everyone again.

Publication Date: 10/13/12