Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Cruiser5726

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Cruiser5726
Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Infinity
Member Name: Cruiser5726
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: 07
Cabin Number: 2082
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

17 day Panama Canal Celebrity Infinity cruise
Our 17 day cruise was the longest cruise we have taken yet. I convinced my husband that we should share the cost out of our private funds since the budget couldn't take another cruise this year. It was our birthday present to each other. My husband hurt his back a week before the cruise so it was really iffy as to whether we would be able to go but I kept the faith and we went.

Our first disappointment was the fact that they no longer put pitchers of ice water in the rooms twice a day. Cruise lines are cutting back but how much could this save? It was a special perk we really appreciated on the other 2 Celebrity cruises we took. We were not impressed with the food in the Trellis dining room. I had steak about 8 times and only twice was it actually good. I kept hoping it was a fluke that the meat was so bad. A lot of others complained about the quality of the food.

Some of the shows on the ship were absolutely fantastic! All three production shows on the 3 formal nights were great. There were 10 dancers and 5 singers who also danced. The most entertaining shows were Elliot and Ian Finkel. Elliot is a spectacular pianist and Ian is probably the world's best xylophone player. Each of them put on a show and they also did another show together. I don't think I'll ever forget these shows. The brothers mentioned they only get to do shows together about twice a year so we felt very fortunate to see their show. Celebrity should be congratulated on bringing these guys on to entertain!

Service on the ship was great, both at dinner and in our stateroom. There was a plumbing problem one night where no one's toilet worked that lasted about 4 hours. The internet service was a joke. The internet people told us it was a problem with their DOM (whatever that meant) but it frustrated everyone and it wasted a lot of minutes that were expensive.

We paid $20 to have a bag of laundry washed. They must use recycled water because the clothes smelled when they were returned. On a previous cruise using the same $20 coupon for a bag of laundry, shirts came back on hangers. This time it was folded and stuffed back into bags and returned to us with an odor.

I complained of the sound of water running by our window (24 hours a day) but never got any response from guest relations. It literally sounded like a bathtub was draining all the time. We learned to ignore it at night (white noise?)

We really enjoyed the talks by Captain Larry Rudner. He talked about Cortez, Mayans, the canal, stars, the ocean and more.

Even with the disappointments, this was in our top 10 favorite cruises. This was my 33rd cruise and my husbands 30th cruise. We started cruising in 2001.

Publication Date: 10/13/12