Disney Dream Cruise Review by Jimmftl

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
4 Day Disney Dream vacation for adults only
Many years ago we took Sea Escape on a cruise to nowhere and I got sick and did not like the ship or experience at all. This turned me off on cruising and I never was interested. We travel allot internationally and the idea of just being on a ship with only short periods of time in ports also did not appeal to me.

We live in South Florida and after hearing stories about what a great time friends were having and what a great vacation value cruising is, and after much research on the new ships and lines, I finally decided to give it a try.

I felt our first cruise needed to be 4 days long. 2 or 3 days seemed too short and I was worried to try a week. Here is what I discovered.

I eliminated Carnival as I thought it would not be nice enough, the shorter cruises used older ships. I thought about RCL and NCL but again older ships on shorter trips and I did insist on a balcony to not feel confined, on RCL some did not have balconies. At first, I did not consider Disney because of the perception it would be all kids and we had to drive to Pt Canaveral.

After I heard from many people that it was nice and the ship had adult areas and Disney was more serious about keeping it adults only, I took a look. The ship (Dream) was also the newest running 4 day trips by far, so we picked the Dream.

Boarding went very smooth. We arrived at 11:30 and were on the ship by 12:15 and room was ready at 1:30pm. The ship is beautiful. They did a great job with the decor, not too traditional and not too modern. We thought the design and small touches were first rate.

We were also very pleased with the cabin and we used the balcony allot. A litlle noise from the next cabin at times but we were on 9th deck away from activities and dining but only 2 decks to the buffet food service.

We really enjoyed moving to 3 different restaurants to eat instead of the main dining concept and the food was good to very good. We also dined at Remy the $75 pp upcharge dining and it was excellent, great experience and the staff and wine service was top notch.

The shows were all great and very Disney. We saw every one and the comedian did another show in the nightclub. Bartenders and all team members were great and all friendly and took time to talk.

The adult areas were great and drinks were decent prices (compared to South Beach anyway). I would defenitly say you should have a good time but you should like Disney.

My only negative would be the pools seemed very small and on sea day very crowded but I think this is common to cruising but the Disney pools appear to be smaller. Also, the two decks above the adult pool had very limited shade and it was very hot an sunny. I see on the Fantasy they have added shade in these areas. Also, I imagine if you go during school Holidays the experience would be less peaceful, but all considered I would do it again

Publication Date: 10/12/12