Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by lovetosail48: Disappointed

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Disappointed

Sail Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Other

After a wonderful cruise on the Monarch of the Seas 9/3 week I decided to treat myself to the Freedom of Seas for my birthday to me gift.
Loved the Madagascar characters, Shrek there too---
Dining room food really a low point. Several nights my table mates and I could not even cut the "steak" and "veal chop"--in general the dining room food was sub-par.
My cabin steward forgot to make up my room one night and the guest relations agent told me "maybe they were tired" I nearly fainted.
I have been cruising since 1970 on numerous cruise lines--some long out of business, and many still around. With RCL Song of America was 1989, for my first cruise with them. This was my 4th RCL in the past 10 months. In my entire cruise history, it is the first cruise I ever gave a poor or fair rating in any area.
I spoke with many people on the ship also disappointed, some said they will never return to RCL.
There was an outbreak of something that quarantined 40 people, one More from my table. No information was passed on to us about it--He did return the last night-- hope it was not "catchy".
I booked a birthday celebration that never happened. I called corporate upon return and told them no celebration, although she confirmed, my booking clearly states the date to celebrate.. Head waiter dropped the ball.
Haiti was annoying-- constant following you to sell something, Falmouth when you pass the developed area looks like a war zone.
Of course i will sail RCL again, I was shocked at the ship looking so aged after 6 years, the food and the ports mentioned really almost scary. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 6489

inside 6489 great location one floor away from action on 5. very small with a chair and space from bed to wall a squeeze space.

Developed area is just Diamonds International etc---cruise shops on shore. Hands out for everything possible from photo with stilt walkers, to music played. Be careful if you cross the boarder to real Falmouth you will be swarmed by people and it will be frightening.
Read 483 Falmouth Reviews