Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Mistykins06: Fair Value

Fair Value

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My Husband and I decided on this cruise due to two main factors A)Time and B) Budget. We have Cruised with Carnival 2 times prior and we were only looking to get some one on one time and not be wowed with a Ship. In that respect Sensation was perfect!

Boarding at Cape Canaveral was amazingly simple. We arrived early and where among the first on board. I was actually 2ND in line for the wok, which is always so busy (I can see why now)and took a nap on the wonderfully quite, and comfortable Serenity deck. Also in regards to serenity, I had worried about its seemingly out of the way location but with direct access from Lido deck it was convenient and actually 100% kid free.

Our experience in the main dinning room was exactly what I had expected, simple reliable delicious food. The servers where great and always on their game. They also are terrific dancers!

I was very pleased with our Cabin M14. The 2 portholes were just enough, and the location of that More particular cabin had a few bonus extra square feet. My Husband and I peaked into empty rooms on disembarkation day and were pleased over all with the other Main Deck cabins.

I did however have some 'Beef' with the cruise. I was not impressed at how lightly Muster drill was taken by the other passengers. This is my Fist cruise post Concordia and I was interested to see how that would play in. However, VERY drunk, VERY rude bridesmaids were to busy dissing one of their own for me to hear a word. My second complaint would be the shows. They where terrible. The singers were ok to listen too, and the dancers were great, however the material was so dated that it was painful. Carnival, its time to let these talented people do something else. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sensation Interior Empress M14

A few extra square feet, quite hallway, but more engine noise then I was used to.

This was our first Nassau experience, and we like to go looking around for what would interest us on a different excursion. The beach by Atlantis was beautiful and the shopping was comparable to all other locations.
Read 2666 Nassau Reviews