Norwegian Sun 4

Rob1eddy
Member Since 2012
76 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We are well traveled seniors. This was our first cruise because I always thought I would not like cruising. Would there be crowds and long lines, would I be bored? Norwegian's Freestyle seemed very appealing to me coupled with a great itinerary made this trip very appealing.

Embarkation: I wanted to arrive early because I did not know what to expect and was prepared for a long wait. Thirty two minutes after getting out of the taxi, we were sitting at a table in the MDR. Yes, way less waiting than expected.

Dining: We chose to eat at most of the venues during our two weeks on board. Overall we were impressed. II Adagio was our least favorite restaurant and East Meets West was our favorite. Most meals were eaten in the Seven Seas. I thought the Seven Seas was quite good. The menu can get stale on a cruise of two weeks so I ate the nightly specials most of the time. The food at the buffets was good but I tend to avoid those because of chaotic lines.

Entertainment: More Cripton the Magician was outstanding as was "Flash and Fever". The shows we attended were pretty good, I enjoyed them. If a show did not sound good, I didn't attend so can't rate them. we were able to go to most shows and was more than satisfied. Of-course there were other activities going on around the ship and they were all well run and entertaining. Less

Norwegian Sun Cruises to the Baltic Sea

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Oceanview Picture Window

OC7007
On this cruise, the room and hallway were quiet. The kids area was just down the hall so probably not so quiet on a cruise with families.

We expected bad weather during this cruise and we got our worst weather here. We did go to a museum to get out of the rain. I wanted to ride the funicular but the lines were long. So, we got on the bus and rode out to the cable car. It goes twice as high as the funicular and offers really great views. Yes, it did sleet while we were there.
Read 305 Bergen Reviews

Published 10/11/12

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review

Norwegian Sun Cruises to the Baltic Sea

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?