Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Rob1eddy

Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: OC
See More About: Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sun Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sun Deck Plans
Our First Cruise
We are well traveled seniors. This was our first cruise because I always thought I would not like cruising. Would there be crowds and long lines, would I be bored? Norwegian's Freestyle seemed very appealing to me coupled with a great itinerary made this trip very appealing.

Embarkation: I wanted to arrive early because I did not know what to expect and was prepared for a long wait. Thirty two minutes after getting out of the taxi, we were sitting at a table in the MDR. Yes, way less waiting than expected.

Dining: We chose to eat at most of the venues during our two weeks on board. Overall we were impressed. II Adagio was our least favorite restaurant and East Meets West was our favorite. Most meals were eaten in the Seven Seas. I thought the Seven Seas was quite good. The menu can get stale on a cruise of two weeks so I ate the nightly specials most of the time. The food at the buffets was good but I tend to avoid those because of chaotic lines.

Entertainment: Cripton the Magician was outstanding as was "Flash and Fever". The shows we attended were pretty good, I enjoyed them. If a show did not sound good, I didn't attend so can't rate them. we were able to go to most shows and was more than satisfied. Of-course there were other activities going on around the ship and they were all well run and entertaining.

Publication Date: 10/11/12