Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by grangrad

Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: IB
See More About: Norwegian Jade Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Rates 5+

NCL Jade
We sailed on the Jade from Venice on the 22/09/2012 we choose this cruise to enable us to compare our other cruises who were with Royal Caribbean.

To be honest there was very little difference between the two. The cruise itself was fantastic as was the Jade, our cabin 9089 was smaller than our previous ships (Voyager and Adventures of the Seas) but it was well kitted out and more comfortable, the bathroom was much more spacious.

Food was excellent, we choose to eat all of our meals in the Garden Cafe, this suited us.

Entertainment was great but we were a little disappointed at the shops on board, what surprised me was the ship did not sell cigarettes or alcohol I enquired at guest relations and was informed that the main store sold them but when I called into the store I was informed that they did not sell these items on a European Tour????? why I don't know as Royal Caribbean do and having spoken to others who have sailed from numerous European ports including the UK these items have been readily available.

Not that this caused any inconvenience but I was hoping to purchase cheap cigarettes for family members.

As I said the purpose of this cruise apart from being a vacation was to compare both companies and I would select either but possibly decide on itinery.

The staff on the Jade were very polite and happy to oblige, the ship was spotlessly clean and there was a great mix of guests from different countries.

We sailed from Venice on a Greek Isle tour stopping off at Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos and Katakolon. I was alittle disappointed in Santorini, it was nice but not as nice as I imagined, Mykonos was my favourite.

Emabarkation and dis-embarking was faultless though our experience in Venice Marco Polo Airport was awful and extreamly disorganised.

Excellent cruise and wonderful memories.

Publication Date: 10/11/12