“25th anniversary”

rlrs88
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Arrived in San Juan around 1:30 pm, caught the shuttle, and were on the ship in no time. Our room was ready for us when we arrive. This was our 5th carnival cruise, so to us the rooms are all the same, unless you're in a suite!! This cruise was all about the ports, not the ship, not the food, or the entertainment. Although the comedians were funny!!! The cabin steward was fantasic!!! As well as the bar tenders!!! I must say, the food in the dinning room was not good at all!!!!! I have noticed that the quality of food on all cruise lines has diminished!! I started cruising on 1987, I was 30 yrs. old then, and I found cruising to be a very elegant experience at that time. Everyone dressed in their best each night for dinner, the food was unbelievable!! Midnight buffets, it was truly a treat to cruise then, things have changed too much, and not for the better. Prices have come down considerably, but a lot has been sacrificed, to say the least. The itinerary was fantastic, we loved all the islands. A catamaran in St. Thomas, the beach in St. Lucia, site seeing in Barbados, zip lining in St.Kits, the beach and Red Stripe beer in St. Martin. All in all, the ports were great, the ship, was not.!!!!
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4H9285
The cabin was good, We don't spend a lot of time there. It had plenty of room for the 2 of us. Would like to have a refrigerator though. It's nice for snacks, or fruit.

Zip-lining
This was our first, and the most excitement I had during the vacation!!!!!!!! We can not wait to do this again!!!!!!!
Port
Took the wife shopping and had a great time talking with the local people. We met some very nice folks here. And the beer was cold!!!!
Catamaran Tour
Great time was had by all. The Rum punch had plenty of PUNCH, but no flavor. Finger foods were cheesy!!!!!
Published 10/11/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Victory Review
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?