Carnival Victory Cruise Review by rlrs88: 25th anniversary

25th anniversary

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Arrived in San Juan around 1:30 pm, caught the shuttle, and were on the ship in no time.
Our room was ready for us when we arrive. This was our 5th carnival cruise, so to us the rooms are all the same, unless you're in a suite!!

This cruise was all about the ports, not the ship, not the food, or the entertainment. Although the comedians were funny!!! The cabin steward was fantasic!!! As well as the bar tenders!!!
I must say, the food in the dinning room was not good at all!!!!!
I have noticed that the quality of food on all cruise lines has diminished!!
I started cruising on 1987, I was 30 yrs. old then, and I found cruising to be a very elegant experience at that time.
Everyone dressed in their best each night for dinner, the food was unbelievable!!
Midnight buffets, it was truly a treat to cruise then, things have changed too much, and not for the better. Prices have come down considerably, but a lot has been sacrificed, to say the least.

The More itinerary was fantastic, we loved all the islands.
A catamaran in St. Thomas, the beach in St. Lucia, site seeing in Barbados, zip lining in St.Kits, the beach and Red Stripe beer in St. Martin.
All in all, the ports were great, the ship, was not.!!!! Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Interior Lido 9285

The cabin was good, We don't spend a lot of time there. It had plenty of room for the 2 of us. Would like to have a refrigerator though. It's nice for snacks, or fruit.

Island Tour

(2)
Boring tour, dropped at the beach and haunted by the locals to buy crap!!

Zip-lining

(5.5)
This was our first, and the most excitement I had during the vacation!!!!!!!! We can not wait to do this again!!!!!!!

Great place for the wife, shopping, I enjoyed the sights and the cold beer!!

Took the wife shopping and had a great time talking with the local people. We met some very nice folks here. And the beer was cold!!!!

Catamaran Tour

(4)
Great time was had by all. The Rum punch had plenty of PUNCH, but no flavor. Finger foods were cheesy!!!!!