Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Madkensmum: Wouldn't recommend!!

Madkensmum
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Bahamas Cruises

Wouldn't recommend!!

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

My husband and I took a cruise for our anniversary and were extremely disappointed. We expected the room to be small, but we didn't expect to stand in line in the hallway waiting to use one of two irons that were attached to the wall. Anytime something would need to be ironed we would have to prepare ourselves to stand in line and wait for the person before us to finish their ironing. The irons leaked and I ended up having brown marks on my white pants.

We decided to dine in the Windstar dining room for the dress up night. We were seated at a table and Hannah was our server. She walked to our table holding a bottle of water and asked us if we "would care for some water." We said, "sure" and she started to pour water from the bottle. The couple that was seated next to us had a different experience. Hannah walked over to that couple with a pitcher of water and started to fill their glasses. After we finished our meal Hannah approached us and asked us for our 'Sign and More Sail' card to charge the water. We asked her why we were offered bottled but others around us were immediately given water from the pitcher. She pretended to not understand and we walked away. We later found the charge for the bottle of water on our bill.

The food wasn't spectacular! The baked goods were extremely dry...and the foods at the buffet didn't wow me.

The last day of our trip was spent out to sea so we decided to make it a pool day. Let me just say, the size of the pool is so small. There were approximately 50 people trying to crowd in this pool to stay cool. We would jump in and out when the crowd would die down. The next day I woke up with a small rash on my chin. We got ready to leave the ship and take the bus to catch our flight. During the bus ride my rash got worse and worse. By the time we made it to the Orlando airport the rash had taken over my chin, neck, chest, arms, and back. I didn't know what was going on. I went to the doctor the very next morning and my doctor took one look at me and asked me if I had recently been in a pool. I told him that I had on the ship. He diagnosed me with Folliculitis - which is common in use of a hot tub, whirlpool, or swimming pool that is not properly treated with chlorine. My doctor prescribed antibiotics and a cream. I contacted Carnival to share my experience with them and make them aware. The representative asked said, "Hold the line. I think your issue falls under a different category. Let me talk to my supervisor." She came back on the line and said, "I just found out that there is no way of telling where your rash came from and it can't be traced back to Carnival. Sorry! They don't care that their facilities are dirty and cause paying customers to have to seek medical treatment after taking one of their cruises. Of course not! They already had my money!! I will never take a Carnival Cruise again. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy Oceanview Empress

This port is owned and operated by Carnival. There was very little to do on this island and all of the profits go right back to Carnival.

We enjoyed getting off the ship and seeing the sites on Nassau.
Read 2624 Nassau Reviews