Carnival Dream Cruise Review by nurseneale: Your time Dining was NOT a DREAM but a NIGHTMARE

nurseneale
Member Since 2009
1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Your time Dining was NOT a DREAM but a NIGHTMARE

Sail Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Drove to Cocoa Beach from Virginia. Spent the first night in Savannah, GA. Got a great deal at Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach for stay and cruise. Really nice staff there. Embarkation was painless. LOVED our oceanview cabin--1308. Had 2 bathrooms, one with toilet, sink, and shower and the other with deep tub and shower and sink. LOVED THIS!

We chose your time dining because early dining was not available.....what a NIGHTMARE. The entire first floor of the Crimson restaurant is devoted to your time dining. Even when there were empty tables, the host would give you a beeper and you would stand and wait 10-30 minutes for a table. Very inexperienced staff the first night. It took 2 hours and 40 minutes to complete meal! I asked not to be put in that area again, so other nights the service was better. Food was very good. I especially liked the punchliner brunchs on sea days. The food was excellent.

The adult comedy shows were very intertaining but very crowded and booked in More the lounge. Could Carnival maybe move these to the theater? Loved the casino but slots are very tight. I spent so much money that the casino sent me a bottle of wine at dinner, gave me free drinks while playing and will give me $500 casino cash on my next cruise. I am such a sucker for FREE stuff. LOL. The pools are nice and even warm. I even ventured down the twister waterslide. (at age 65) Lots of fun.

My favorite port was St. Maarten. Beautiful water and shopping. Our cabin steward, John was great and kept the cooler filled with ice as requested.

All in all we enjoyed the cruise. Next time I will request early dining, assigned seating, but it was nice meeting new people on the ship. I have cruised on carnival, royal caribbean, and norwegian. While RCCL excels at entertainment, Carnival is still the most economical, and bang for your buck. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Oceanview Riviera 1308

Cabin 1308-great! Quiet location. 2 bathrooms!