Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by susan8145@gmail.com

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by susan8145@gmail.com
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: susan8145@gmail.com
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Public Rooms Not Rated
Cabins Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

..Alaska, a little piece of heaven!
We loved our Alaskan Cruise on the Celebrity Millenium. The ship had recently been refurbished and everything was clean and smelled new. The staff were always polite and friendly. The food was very good and there was always plenty of it, anytime of the day. Breakfast on our balcony while sailing the Inside Passage was a treat. If you can swing it, it is SO worth having your own balcony and be sure to get the side that docks on your side for most of the ports. You should plan to go to their special brunch, beautiful and tasty, you will not be disappointed. Be sure to try one of the chocolate croissants.

My mother is British and so was Jason,the Executive Chef. Several passengers had birthday celebration cakes while sailing but Jason paid mom a personal visit to our table the night of her 78th Birthday. He had made her a special personalized cake with her name and one of London's Pearly Queens written on it. That attention to detail, the extra effort and caring is why we will sail again with Celebrity.

It really is best to sail up the coast of Alaska instead of down as the views get more amazing with each day. If you love nature and wildlife then this is the cruise for you. God really shows off His greatness in Alaska. Be sure to do a whale watching excursion. We did our near a glacier at Icy Strait Point near Hoonah. We were told that it is where National Geographic like to film it's whales. I was nervous about our small boat (only 7 of us on board) next to big whales, but they really are gentle giants, and to hear them communicating to one another, in person, it really is a treat. Our captain (30 years experience of watching whales) told us when a "baby" whale was playing with our boat and we watched closely and it came up to the boat, rolled on it's belly and passed under where I was standing. I could have bent down and touched it, it was that close. All I can say is if you could leave me anywhere in Alaska, I would want to be whale watching at Icy Strait. I did not want to leave.

Cruise to Alaska on the Miilenium, you will love it!

Publication Date: 10/09/12