Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by Kodiaktexas

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by Kodiaktexas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Member Name: Kodiaktexas
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: H
See More About: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

First Time Cruisers, First time to see Alaska
My husband and I are 62 and 59. This was our first cruise. We picked RCI because when reading the cruise books the style seemed to suit us. It did suit us very well. We like to try new things, like a bit of luxary but aren't at all stuffy, we like history and outdoor activities and meeting new people. The cruise was everything we liked.

The newly refurbished ship was beautiful. The crew was extremely friendly and attentive. We chose deck 2 mid ship for our stateroom because I get seasick and read that the bottom of the ship and mide ship was best. It was a good fit and although I felt the movement especially when we were on the open sea with the help of Dramamine I did fine.

The room was very tiny! We did find a place for everything with careful storage and moving things around as needed. If this was the large oceanview, I can't imagine what a smaller one would be! We did notice that the vacuum was usually stored outside in the hall and this did not seem to be the case on the deck with the more expensive rooms.

Dinner was 8:30 which I did not expect to like but it worked out okay. Our waiters pampered us no end. I was amazed at how quickly they learned our usual choices. We usually ate a late lunch and then had a snack around 4. The food was presented so attractively. I expected to love room service but I only used it once. I was so well fed, I never got hungry!

I bought the soft drink package on impluse. This was a mistake since I didn't drink nearly enough to make it pay and who wants to lug a mug around all the time.

We participated in several of the onboard games and activities and enjoyed them. I learned a lot about cake decorating.

Publication Date: 10/08/12