Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by cubmanruss: Carnival Magic...pretty darned Magical!

cubmanruss
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Magic...pretty darned Magical!

Sail Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

We sailed mid September on the new Carnival Magic (ship was launched just last year) out of Galveston TX.

I was very impressed. The ship itself is magnificent. Downright opulent for Carnival! Our cabin was spacious and well thought out. Nice sized balcony with privacy screens from our neighbors.

The Magic has all of your typical features but they've added some I haven't seen on a cruise ship before. Namely a really cool pub with their own beer. It was like a mini Margaritaville at sea! The Magic also has a cool sports bar inside the casino area (one note to Carnival management...a boat full of Americans are NOT interested in watching cricket or soccer! Stick to the big 4 with American guests). The pool area has a large screen for movies and videos. The water park was a big hit with the kids. The ROPES course was pretty cool. I was disappointed that they didn't have a golf instuction program like they do on the Conquest...I was looking forward to hitting More golf balls into the ocean! The casino is really big for a cruise ship. Plenty of variation to keep gamblers interested. The theaters are top notch. Nice disco, piano bar, comedy club, etc.

The food was suprisingly good. The steak house (additional fee) was outstanding. I also enjoyed the Indian Tandoor at lunch as well as the Mongolian grill. The main dining was good (not great but adequate). Lots of choices for breakfast and lunch. All and all a pleasant surprise.Bar drinks are EXPENSIVE...a beer was $6 so watch your tab. The on board entertainment was very good. The shows were very professional. The comedy acts top notch. A real nice treat was the adults only area. Big comfy chairs, hamocks, and a hot tup. Nice reprieve from the rug rats!

The ports of call were good. We enjoyed all 3. I had been to Cozumel many times before so no big deal there but I really enjoyed my first visits to Honduras and Belize. Snorkeling in Belize was some of the best I've ever done.

I give the Magic high marks. No complaints here! Less