Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Davynessie

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Davynessie
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: Davynessie
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Enjoyable cruise, but...
My wife and I have just returned having cruised for a week in the Eastern Med on Navigator of the Sea's. I have to say that over all we enjoyed the cruise but there were a few things which I thought could have been better.

Personally I thought the ship looked a bit tired, carpets and decor need a face lift. I was disappointed with the entertainment. Out of the seven night cruise only two of the shows that we viewed were in my opinion worth watching. On one of the nights they had what they called a visual comedian well sorry but I'm afraid I didn't get it, to be honest I felt sorry for the guy he pulled a few funny faces walked in a funny way and tried a bit of juggling dropping items two or three times. There was other entertainment on the ship in the various bars which consisted of various musicians playing piano or guitar in the background and of course the usual trivia quizzes.

My big gripe with RCI is their drinks prices, they are extortionate, $14.95 for two Bacardi and coke is ridiculous. I took a bottle of still water from the mini bar in our room and was surprised to see that I had been charged a 15% gratuity, I served myself for goodness sake! This gratuity thing is a rip-off in my opinion. The ships crew do a fantastic job but RCI do not pay them a proper wage and put pressure on you the holiday cruiser to make up the shortfall. One last thing, when you recieve you final account check it very carefully I found that I was being charged $50 for two towels they said had not been returned I went to customer services and sorted the matter out easily enough but it should'nt have happened in the first place.

Publication Date: 10/08/12