Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by barriegirl

Member Name: barriegirl
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Nice new ship, beautiful ports, got what we paid for
Just returned from our Mediterranean cruise and loved (almost) everything about it. The Breeze is a nice, new ship, comparable to others I have cruised on. For us, the best entertainment was in the Red Frog Pub with very talented singer/guitar players in a relaxed atomosphere. We saw a couple of the comedy shows and they were pretty good as well. With only 3 sea days though the purpose of this cruise was to see the ports and we really found it a wonderful way to see this part of Europe for the first time. We did a couple of shore excursions through Carnival and a couple on our own with fellow cruise critic members. Both were good although you are definitely going to pay alot more with Carnival. We loved the beach day in Croatia that we did with Carnival and found it to be good value for the price, $70 which included a lovely seaside lunch. Also the Burano, Murano and Torcello excursion we enjoyed very much. It mentions that it includes a lunch but what it doesn't say is that they take you to one of the nicest restaurants in all of Venice, on Torcello, to experience an authentic Italian meal. It was absolutely stunning!

We found most of the staff to be very helpful and friendly, with the exception of a few in the Lido who looked overwelmed. Our room steward was great and very friendly.

The food was generally good. I think what they excel at is the fast food (Pizza and Burgers are fantastic). The dining room was hit and miss. Nothing was horrible but I wouldn't say it was fantastic either. Service was good though and I do not go on a cruise with expectations of 5 star dining. The room service menu was considerably smaller then any other ship I have sailed on. It would be nice to see them add a few things to that (eg a steak/chicken dinner, instead of sandwiches ohly)

I guess my only complaint would be with the alcoholic beverages. We found them pretty pricey with no real deals on anything. My 23 year old son decided he wanted to purchase the all-inclusive package because he likes his beer and was told that every adult in the room would have to buy the same package at 45 dollars per day each. My daughter and myself aren't big drinkers so it wouldn't be worth it for us. I thought that was unfair and I don't know why they couldn't come up with a picture ID system and a one drink at a time policy to prevent card holders from buying drinks for their roommates. Seems pretty simple to me.

We were there for the ports though and boy did they deliver. Absolutely stunning!!! We all loved every one of them. I would recommend this cruise to anybody wanting a taste of Europe. Obviously there is only so much you can see in one day at each port (2 in Venice) but it gives you a little taste of each city you are visiting.

Publication Date: 10/08/12