Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by belles: Back from the Freedom

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

Back from the Freedom

Sail Date: September 2012

I traveled with 7 other family members. We had 3 balcony cabins in a row on the lido deck. We flew down to FLL the morning of the cruise. We arrived at the port around 10:30am and waited to get on the ship. We knew it would be too early to board but headed to the ship anyway. They started boarding around 11:30am.
We all headed to the lido deck for a wonderful lunch. Plenty of selections were available.
We were told our cabins would be available at 1:30, we headed to the cabins around 1:20 and found them all to be ready. We requested the balcony doors to be opened which was done by that evening. It was a very spacious balcony once all three were opened.
One thing I found on this ship is it was very easy to get a table for 6 adults and 2 highchairs on the lido deck at any given time. I recall being on the Pride 3 previous times and found it very difficult.
The staff with the exception of 1 person was wonderful. I was not aware the Carnival discontinued More giving the vouchers for future cruises. When I inquired at the future cruise desk the gentleman was very curt when he told me "we no longer do that, it seems no one ever did that and now that we don't have it, everyone wants it". Very rude.
I only went to 1 show as I had seen the shows already on previous cruises. I didn't remember the Big Easy show and we only stayed 15 minutes. We didn't care for that at all. It was so loud, I mean obnoxious loud.
Overall this cruise was my all time favorite with Carnival. The ship was very clean, easy to get around and great staff.
One other thing to add...we did find the service to be pretty slow in the dining room for breakfast. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Balcony Lido 9268

Our cabins 9268, 9270 and 9272 were in a great location. I loved being only a few feet from the Lido deck to grab some coffee in the am or an ice cream cone. The laundry room was right across from us which was a plus also. I will only do the lido deck from now on

I did some shopping while the others took a van to 7 mile beach. It was $5 each person each way. A lot cheaper than the excursion the cruise line offered.

we loved Key West. We were going to rent bikes and just ride around the island but the dark clouds rolled in so we decided to rent an electric car that held the 7 of us.
Read 734 Key West Reviews

I only walked to Margaritaville to get a drink and get wifi to check my email. It was very hot that day but the number of people trying to sell you their "junk" was ridiculous. Just in that short walk it was too many to count. If I never go back there I'd be more than pleased. For me, if I wasn't going to check my email I would have just stayed on the ship.