Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Gibson08

Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: OG
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+

Great first time cruise
I can't imagine a better ship than the Norwegian jewel. Departed Seattle on the jewels last Alaska sailing if the year. From arrival the crew did nothing but make us feel special. I have read some reviews that stated Norwegian cruise line excessively pushes the purchasing of extras on board. This did not seem to be the case, sure they presented offers for pictures, restaurants, drinks, and the duty free shop, but I don't consider their approach as excessive.

All of the food was good to great, we mostly ate at the buffet, however we did dine at cagneys (excellent), the Brazilian steakhouse (good), and Italian ((good). I really liked free style cruising, everything was on my schedule.

We really enjoyed the ports even if it was to just to walk around. In Juneau we went on the glacier and salmon bake ( great time with very friendly people) and in Skagway we went on them white pass railway and liarsville gold camp (train was excellent). I was disappointed more time was not given for gold panning at liars vile gold camp.

I would recommend cruising on the jewel to anyone, service was great, crew was friendly and welcoming, and the ship itself was top notch. I will definitely cruise with Norwegian again.

Publication Date: 10/07/12