AmaLotus Cruise Review by ladyalfie: AMA WATERWAYS ON MEKONG DELTA

AMA WATERWAYS ON MEKONG DELTA

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Other

We are home now and I just wanted to drop you a short note to say AMA Waterways is fantastic. What an amazing vacation. We did 2 nights pre in Hanoi one night on a junk in Ha Long Bay and then 3 nights in Siem Reap (Angkor Wat). The tour guides in each of the cities were very professional and knowledgable. They each had a personal story of their own that added the the nature of their history and culture of that area...specifically the Vietnam War and the Killing fields of Cambodia. We also spent 3 days post in Ho Chi Minh City. We got to see first hand the remnants of the war along with the Chu Chi tunnels. It was truly an amazing to experience the culture of these kind and caring people. I am in awe of their tenacity to move forward after such horrific past events.

As for the river cruise.. Luxurious accommodations.....our french balcony cabin was beautiful. The AmaLotus is a new ship decked out in beautiful dark woods and modern furnishings. It has a European feel More to it. The service was excellent and the food was a combination of Western and Asian cuisine. They served breakfast and lunch buffets along with a set menu as well....and dinner had a number of entrees to choose from. Truly gourmet dining...delicious. All of the shore excursions were great. Well organized and unique to their culture. Would you believe we had a parade of rickshaws through the vibrant night market of Hanoi...what an experience!!

The Deluxe hotels were conveniently located and offered full service amenities along with spa facilities. The rooms were beautifully appointed.

I can't say enough about this trip. Our guide, Mr Tingh, was incredible. He was with us throughout the entire 16 Days. He took care of everything. He went above and beyond what a tour guide should do. He secured all visas at the Cambodian border, was able to put excess and overweight luggage on the VietNam Airways flight (which has restrictions), filled out all the immigration form for our group between the two countries. He was extremely professional and detailed. Everybody on the tour was in awe of his expertise.

I could go on..there are so may wonderful memories we brought back home.

But I wanted to let you know that Ama Waterways is a wonderful company and you can feel confident that your friends will thank you upon their return. I have talked to other members on the tour and they told me they have travelled with AMA in Europe and have been extremely satisfied with all the arrangements. Less

Read more AmaLotus cruise reviews >>