Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by afyrfytr50: Good Times

Overall Member Rating

Good Times

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Traveled with wife, sister and brother-inlaw from Richmond, VA. Our flight worked out well, drove over from Orlando in rental car, dropped at the port by shuttle. All was good! Once there fell into the cattle call, but found it was fairly empty (around 11 AM). Quickly through processing and heading to the ship. Was the easiest embarkation that I have ever done. Nice Port and well organized.

Once on ship, we headed to the Lido deck and lunch. I did the Deli, others hit the buffet. Food was good, fresh and plentiful. They had been announcing that rooms would not be ready until 1:30 to 2:00 PM. We slipped down to check around 1:00 and found our rooms ready. We tried an inside cabin for the first time and I was surprised in a good way. Our room was quiet comfortable. We sailed the Glory in April, outside cabin, I actually found this room more comfortable, especially the size of the bathroom and shower area. Met our room stewert Dewa, what a wonderful man. He was More totally friendly and was always ready to provide us whatever we asked for.

We then scouted out the ship, ending up at the serenity deck. I agree it is a small area, but it was an added on during the refurbishment of the ship, not the original design. Later in the cruise we found other areas that were just as quiet and comfortable to watch the seas or read. Our dining room table was 306 in the Wind Song dining room, late service. Alfred and his team were courteous and attentive. Our table companions for the cruise were great, we looked forward to seeing them each day and became good friends. Food was excellent and the service better. We enjoyed the various shows and finally found the piano bar for a couple nights. Thanks for the entertainment Twitter Sisters!!

I am not sure what the people that have written bad reviews were looking for, but I am sure I got more than what I paid for on this cruise. Five days at approximately $50 a day. Anyone that can find better accomadations, food, entertainment and ports. Let me know, I want to go!!!

Thank you staff of the Ecstasy, I had a wonderful time and will be back. Less

Published 10/07/12

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: 4C210 Interior

We had cabin Riveria 210, an inside cabin, our first time in this category. I found it comfortable and the bathroom was set up much better than others I have had in other categories previously.

Read All Interior (4C) Reviews >>

Beautiful place, powdery soft sand. If I had a complaint, it would be better signage for the bathrooms. Dang that was a maze to work through ~L~,~3

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Bahamas Cruises

afyrfytr50
Member Since 2011
16 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X