Disney Dream Cruise Review by annef68

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Disney Dream Sept. 30 to Oct. 4
My DH and I just returned from a 4 night cruise on the Disney Dream. I was a little skeptical about this cruise as we are in our 40s/50s with no children and my DH is not as big on Disney as I am. Disney was offering a pretty good discount to FL residents my brother and his DW and 2 children were going so we decided to give them a try and I am glad we did. This was our 8th cruise and was the best by far. Disney really out does themselves.

We arrived at Pt. Canaveral around 1:15pm and got checked right in. We even got an upgrade and were able to get connecting cabins. We got right on the ship. Total time was probably about 25 mins and that was with changing things around with the upgrade. Easiest and fastest check in we have experienced.

We had cabins 9626 and 9628 which is aft. Great rooms, fantastic size and lots of storage! These were the biggest rooms we have ever had. Loved the split bathrooms and roomy showers.

The ship itself is beautiful and is kept very clean. We never felt overrun with kids, except maybe the day at sea by the pool, but that is to be expected and we have experienced the same on other cruises on sea days. The adult only pool was a great reprieve from this.

We tried out Aquaduck. That was a lot of fun. Lines were usually about 35 mins., but if you go later at night or days you are in port, no lines.

We had the late seating for dinner which was perfect, very few kids. Food was very good and service was excellent! Had breakfast and lunch at Cabanas most days....very good and a great variety.

We went and saw a couple shows, The Golden Mickeys and Villains. Both were very good.

Had lots of bars to choose from, the District was very unique. And movie theater was also nice.

My brothers kids (ages 5 and 3) went to the kids club a few times and they seemed to enjoy that.

Disney's private island, Castaway Cay was awesome. Great beach with lots to do. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas. Even had an adults only beach and BBQ!

Disembarkation took a little while, but all in all wasn't too bad. Have bags all arranged and someone to ask what your stateroom number was and directed you to where your bags were.

My only 2 real complaints are Nassau as a port of call and the size of the family pool. Nassau is very run down and pretty nasty. I think Disney would be better off skipping Nassau and maybe doing 2 days at Castaway Cay. And the family pool is way too small for the amount of people on board.

Other than that, everything was fantastic. Service everywhere was great and everyone was very friendly!

I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone, with or without kids. Disney did a fantastic job!!

Publication Date: 10/05/12