Disney Dream Cruise Review by Reejordan: Not all I hoped it would be...

Disney Dream 4
Reejordan
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

Not all I hoped it would be...

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: USA
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We recently took the special Pixar sailing of the Disney Wonder along the California Coast. The entertainment and kids's programs were wonderful but that's about where the fun ended.

The food was hardly edible, unless you like chicken strips and pizza every meal. Every night, we would have to wait for our main course at dinner until our dining companions (after arriving 45 minutes late for seating) had ordered and gotten through their first and second courses.

Character interactions were great but unfortunately wasted a lot of time waiting in line to see them. Production shows were top-notch. Oceaneer's Club and Oceaneer's Lab were both fantastic.

Cabins were comfy. Did not care for the split bathroom concept. They were even tight for my child to maneuver. Cabin steward was good but VERY slow. Room was not serviced until after 1:00 each afternoon and then again at 10:15 at night.

Our almost six-year-old daughter had a great time but was ready to come More home by day five. She told us she'd rather go back to Princess next time.

I would say give it a try once for the experience but wasn't for us. :( Less

Published 10/05/12

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X