Viking Njord 5

Cruise review of Viking Njord

Jdrumsdad
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

Viking made this the best vacation ever. The staff were exceptional. The tours were informative and interesting. I loved the optional excursions available especially in Bratislava where we traveled to the outskirts of the city to a private home a 72 year old lady that was just wonderful. Don't miss this opportunity.

All the guides knew their subjects and were able to answer any questions, though the sometimes repeated themselves a little too often.

Everyday had a new adventure and going to five different countries, each with its own personality was fantastic.

I would have liked spending more time in Vienna, just one day, and skipped Cologne. Cologne really didn't have much to see other than the Chocolate Museum and the large Cathedral.

I was especially impressed with the crew. I had a medical emergency in Germany and they immediately pulled into a dock with ambulance waiting withing 5 minutes of my wife contacting the staff. They sent along one of the More crew to serve as an interpreter and arranged for a taxi to drive us to the next port to catch up with the ship and finish the cruise after being treated. Less

Viking Njord Cruises to Europe River

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

204
Small but adequate. Bed was great. Storage available under the bed. Would have liked to have a place to sit, but that was available in the lounge. Loved the french balcony. Room 204. Easy access to dinning and lounge. Bath was small but had a large shower.

Anne Frank House
Physically challenging but an experience I will never forget. Don't miss it.

Canal Tour
Loved it!

City Tour
A little too long. It lasted almost 3 hours without a break. Close to 10K walk was too long though informative. Several of the group kept asking about restrooms and we were told that it would come up soon, but never happened until end of the tour.

Diamond Factory
Lost interest about five minutes into the tour. Unless you are really interested in diamond production, skip.

Beautiful city with a rich history. Contact the concierge on ship to help you find a good Hungarian bath. Best spa treatments I ever had. I would also recommend skipping one of the onboard meals and going to New York Cafe in Pest. Wonderful atmosphere and great food.
Read 197 Budapest Reviews

Published 10/05/12

Read Cruise Critic's Viking Njord Review

Viking Njord Cruises to Europe River

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?