Oosterdam Cruise Review by lbt43

Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: British Columbia
Cabin Category: I
See More About: Oosterdam Cruise Reviews | British Columbia Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Oosterdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Oosterdam Deck Plans
Fun one day on the Oosterdam!
I love Holland America.

Embarkation - I rate this a C. Honestly, I felt they got us on the ship late, (12:00p) and it was really disorganized. No one knew the boarding was numbered and everyone rushed up to try and get in. The lady who was organizing it was doing her best and keeping everyone informed, but it seemed like it could have been done a lot better.

Once I was on the ship, I had the pool all to myself for the first hour, even after eating a quick lunch. The food in the Lido was great and the fruit was excellent. The music was pretty good and it was a good feeling to be in the pool on a beautiful Seattle sunny day.

The emergency drill was easy, took about 20 minutes.

the Casino didn't open till about midnight, Texas Hold em tounry started right after that. I didn't like the electronic style.

I felt the breakfast pancakes were not very good, but the rest of the food was great.

The Staff was amazing, I had open dining and sat with 7 other wonderful people. After dinner, did Kareokee in the Queens Lounge, then on to the piano bar for a few drinks. A double Rum and coke was 15 dollars and it seemed a bit watered down even though it seemed like he filled the whole glass full of rum.

Publication Date: 10/04/12