Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by vonnieed: Still The Best

Still The Best

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Other

Embarkation - Arrived at 11:45, there was no traffic going to the ship. Checked in at Suite check in and boarded in 15 minutes

Suite was spacious and clean. Our butler Benjamin was great as was Ruel our cabin steward.

Cosmopolitan - the food was better than I remembered The dining room menu had many interesting choices. I had never seen Ahi tuna on a cruise ship menu before, it was on the menu twice. The service was the best. Our waiter Ali and his assistant Hugh Allen were the best team that I have had on any of my cruises. I caught a cold 4 days before we returned to Bayonne. Ali saw me in the buffet at lunch and suggested I try some cinnamon tea with honey. Each of the next four nights at dinner Ali had Allen bring me a cup of cinnamon tea.
Buffet was good. Nice choices for breakfast. We had salads for lunch.
Normandie -- We were celebrating our 25th anniversary. We had dinner at Normandie for our anniversary. The food was excellent and the More service was top notch
Qsine -- this was a wonderful experience. I highly recommend it. Be careful not to order to much.
Bistro on 5 -- wonderful crepes for breakfast. Worth the $5.
Ports were great. Due to bad weather we missed Gaspe and had to spend an extra day in Quebec.
As an Elite Captains club Member the perks were great. Daily cocktail party, internet savings and 30 free items laundered.
Debarkation -- Our number was in the second group called. We were off the ship and on our way home just after 9 AM.
To finish this was our 10th Celebrity cruise and it was by far the best. We have always loved Celebrity and we were not disappointed. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit 6102

The Sky Suite was spacious and clean. There was plenty of space for all of our clothes. The bathroom was clean and roomy with a deep bathtub. Cabin 6102 was located midship. We were close to the stairs and elevator but not too close to hear anything.

Walking Tour

Wonderful walking tour and history of Bar Harbour

Visited Art Museum was very enjoyable
Read 343 Halifax Reviews

City Tour

(5)
Gave a good overview of the city

Walking Tour

(5.5)
Tour gave a excellent history of Quebec