“Wonderful experience”

CarlyJax
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was our first Disney Cruise and it won't be our last. We sailed up the California coast from LA to San Fransisco, down to San Diego and Ensenada Mexico and back to LA. We loved the cruise....staff was superb, food excellent and the entertainment was over the top. The boat has signs all around to tell you how to get there. I was amazed since I'm directionally challenged and it takes til day 7 for me to realize where I am and where I'm going. Embarkation was fast and painless and so was debarkation. If I ask for something, I got it, i.e., there are no robes supplied and we wear them to and from the pool and hot tub...got them within 45 minutes. Ice was in our room twice a day after it was requested once. Meals were fun as well as delicious. We had no children with us and found plenty to do for adults. The only time we really saw a lot of children was at embarkation and debarkation. We only found one draw back. The bathrooms...there were two. One had a tub shower combo and a sink. The other had a sink and commode. I was continually going from one to another getting something...if I were designing it I would have left out the tub, combined both rooms and had 2 sinks. The tub was so small I couldn't have lain in it and I'm 5' 1".....seemed made for a child or baby. I would do it again.
Disney Wonder Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

9A
The most closets and cupboards of any cruise we've ever taken. Two bathrooms...One had a tub shower combo and a sink. The other had a sink and commode. I was continually going from one to another getting something...if I were designing it I would have left out the tub, combined both rooms and had 2 sinks. The tub was so small I couldn't have lain in it and I'm 5' 1".....seemed made for a child or baby. Hair dryer was weird can't explain..rectangular on like a vacuum cleaner hose but...in bathroom not out in room. Beds and pillows very comfy. Large low window...sofa had seen better days. The layout was much better than other rooms we've had. You entered with bath on left and closets on right as most but then you came to the bed. The sofa, TV, desk, etc were by the window so you were in no one's way as you dressed. I really liked that.

City Tour
We were in some municipal building for an hour or so...free margarita's is the only thing good I can say.....boring. Then on to a wine tasting. They owner tried really hard but this group was making sandwiches out of the bread and cheese. Then we had one hour of shopping. I could have used 2 or 3 hours of shopping and skipped the rest. IF our guide said amigos one more time, I was going to strangle her.
City Tour
This is just a different name for a Duck Tour. We had a wonderful water part of the tour....super guide. Could have given us a much more detailed wheel part of the tour.
Alcatraz
They could have left off Sausalito and taken us straight to the boat to Alcatraz. We left at 9:15 didn't get back til 4:00 and the only place for lunch was on the ferry to Alcatraz. Our guide left a lot to be desired. We enjoyed it over all but it's kind of been there done that..got the t-shirt. The next day, we got off the boat and took a hop on hop off bus...much much better guide and saw a lot more of San Fransisco. It COLD bring a coat or sweatshirt...skip Ghirardelli Square.
Published 10/03/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Wonder Review
Disney Wonder Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?