Carnival Glory Cruise Review by bigmanaz

Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: bigmanaz
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 4A
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

NICE CRUISE LOUSY FOOD!
For starters I am going to start with the things I liked about this cruise so no one thinks I have it out for Carnival. The big movie screen up on deck was awesome. Like going to the drive-in with free popcorn and a bar nearby. Way fun.

Sauna with big window to look out was also quite relaxing and enjoyable.

The ships decor was very nice and appeared to be well maintained. Everything was kept clean and free of clutter. Ashtrays emptied, empty plates taken away, floors swept etc.

The crew was very friendly and helpful. Although I will have to say there was some misdirections given but all in all a wonderful experience on that level.

The room was kept scrupulously clean.

Now for the bad stuff. Waiting in line for 1 hour 50 minutes before we got to our room. Seemed a bunch too long to be waiting in lines after having already printing boarding passes, prepaid etc.

Next was the buffet. The quality was very poor. All the proteins, be they fish, pork, beef, totally over cooked. Bacon swimming in grease, scrambled eggs were powdered eggs. Totally unacceptable in my book. Small selection of cheeses and cold cuts which never changed.

The pizza however was excellent as well as the deli. Sushi bar pretty good, not great but pretty good.

The dining room for breakfast was not much better. My wife ordered scrambled eggs and hashbrowns and got powdered eggs and glorified tater tots. Little disks of fried potato instead of little barrels of fried potatoes. I ordered Eggs Benedict which came with a brown skin on the hollandaise sauce. I assume from being under a heat lamp for so long. It was also almost impossible to get a second cup of coffee. At this point I spoke with customer service at their desk about my complaints and they said they would be forwarded to the appropriate staff. I later was called by the head Maitre De and was told yes they were powdered eggs and they treated the eggs benedict like that on purpose, placing them under a salamander till brown, he didn't know why. Either do I. There was no variety in the breakfast menu. Same choices every day.

The dining room for lunch was nonexistent. Lunch was served in the dining room only twice in the 7 night cruise. Only lousy buffet available when in port. All this being totally unacceptable. Between the bad service and bad food at breakfast and the no lunch policy I was unhappy.

I will have to say that on those days lunch was served, it was very good. The dinners in the dining room were also very good.

That all being said, overall the cruise was quite pleasant but the thing I will always remember first is that was the cruise with the lousy food. I sincerely doubt if I will ever take another Carnival cruise. That is too bad but that's the results of cutting corners in the wrong places. Wise up Carnival!

The other bad thing was disembarking. It was 2 hours from the time I had to leave my cabin and the time I got ashore. Again unacceptable!

Publication Date: 10/03/12