Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Krikit: Glorious time on the Glory

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

Glorious time on the Glory

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

While I would always prefer to head south towards the Caribbean, this Canada and New England cruise was a nice escape from the summer and an elegant passage into fall.

VIP passage made my embarkation process a breeze and being greeted by Cynthia at the Turquoise Bar with a delicious umbrella drink was a great start to my vacation.

My Junior Suite was spacious, clean and well appointed. The staff was amazing. There is nothing bad to be said about having your linens changed daily, clean towels twice a day, and coming home to cute towel animal creations and chocolates on my turned down bed every night.

Entertainment staff was talented and personable. Cruise Director Matt, was engaging,amusing, accessible and clearly led his staff by example. This guy was everywhere all day and all night. When he wasn't present, a member of his very capable staff was in place to take over and delivered the same level of energy and interest in every passenger they More encountered.

Food was everywhere all day long. I observed some passengers eating everything......all day long. There was something for every taste and I found the common dining areas to be clean, and well stocked. The food for the most part was tasty and the courteous service staff made every effort to move passengers through the lines quickly.

The formal dining room staff was tremendous. Our head waiter "K" was efficient, entertaining, and very personable. He and his staff worked hard to insure that our dining experience was impeccable. The food was excellent and abundant.

The Emerald Steakhouse experience should not be missed and is well worth the extra $35.00. You will not get a meal like this, for this price ......anywhere else on the planet. Our head waiter Zoran and his assisting staff were excellent servers and only enhanced the quality of this dinner which was well prepared and presented.

The Spa staff was professional and proficient. With the exception of the sales pitch for the products used during my two spa appointments.....I enjoyed the spa tremendously.

All four ports were beautiful, and offered a plethora of options with regard to sightseeing, dining, shopping and relaxing.

It was obvious to me that.... at least on this cruise....on this ship....Carnival holds their staff to a very high standard. It was a wonderful vacation and I was not happy to have it come to an end.......which at debarkation time......was painless. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Suite Lido 9206

Junior Suite, port side, fore, was spacious, clean, very comfortable and well appointed. Bathroom amenities were spacious and well decorated. Plenty of closets and storage. Bed was comfortable with first class linens. Seemed to be a quiet area of the ship. Balcony was a plus and a birdseye view of the beautiful ports, sunsets, and starry nights. Staff was attentive and efficient and made every effort to insure our cabin was clean and comfortable.

Don't miss the Yankee Lobster and Harpoon Brewery Beer Tasting offered at 2:00 and 4:00pm each weekday. These locations are within walking distance of the ship docking area. Boston has so very much to offer. Do your research and discover what interests you. The Aquarium, Duck Tours and Trolly Tours are great
Read 223 Boston Reviews

(5.5)
Absolutely beautiful port city with a rich history and diverse culture. We hopped on a Harbor Hopper Tour and got a great tour of the city and harbor. Views from the Citidel were amazing. Had a delectable lobster/corn chowder at the Bicycle Thief Restaurant and enjoyed the dock side shopping. Left port to a full moon rising over the lighthouse.....a peaceful scene that I won't ever forget.
Read 356 Halifax Reviews

I always prefer to make my own way and was very surprised by the beauty of this port city. So much more than lobster pots! Take the Metro Hop on- Hop off to get a good perspective of the city. Great breakfast at Marcy's, where the owner if a NY Giants and Rangers Fan! I had the best omelet of my life in this little diner. Don't miss a tour of the Victoria Mansion and take advantage of a Harbor Tour. Portland Harbor is breathtakingly beautiful.

Again, another surprising city with so much to offer. We booked a Jet Boat ride at the Reversing Falls and have to say that this was one of the highlights of the trip. Captain Marc was toooooo much fun and the laughter was only matched by the excitement of cruising through the rapids in a Jet Boat. The water was cold.....the sun was not shining but no one in my group seemed to notice because we were having too much fun. Not a dry spot to be found on anyone at the end of this 20 minute romp through the rapids and whirlpools. But....the adrenaline rush was worth every penny. If you decide on this adventure......bring a change of clothes.....you will need it!