Disney Magic Cruise Review by yaya4Kylie!!: Disney Brings the Magic!

yaya4Kylie!!
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Disney Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Disney Brings the Magic!

Sail Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

As a first time cruiser, I really did not know what to expect, with the exception of what my friends had shared with me. These friends planned the cruise and we traveled together - making the trip especially fun!

Our stateroom was quite spacious - even for three ladies! Our room hostess, Nicole, was fabulous! I miss not having my bed made every day and the bath room tidied and stocked with clean towels! :-)

Dining was awesome - as was our serving staff, Okim and Marta. These folks bent over backwards to be sure that each person at the table had a great experience and encouraged us to leave comments regarding the service and the food. I enjoyed rotating through the different restaurants for dinner - then having breakfast and lunch - and snacks - as we went through our day! I loved having the ICE and drinks available anytime!

The shows are beyond compare - and the activities staff were so genuine and fun! Jilly and Simon ROCK!! Less

Read more Disney Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Magic Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck Five

Our cabin on the 2nd deck was across from the AC station - but the room was not as cool as we like. Thank goodness my cabin mates brought small fans along! This might be something to consider as a 'perk' in the future! It was rather noisy when approaching the port, especially Grand Cayman. Having the porthole was nice - something my cabin mates did not have previously - but also something I don't know that I would 'demand' on my next cruise. (YES, I said MY NEXT CRUISE!)

Mayan Ruins

Our excursion was Mayans Through the Ages - don't know if that is an accurate 'title', but it was great to see the culture.

Beach Break

(5)
The beach was "private" for our boat and a few others. It was beautiful and not over-run at all.

Catamaran tour

(5)
The FURY crew kept us entertained and informed - plus the service from the bar was enjoyed by several guests!

Snorkeling

(5)
The FURY crew were amazing - and though I did not snorkel, I feel I didn't miss out on a thing. Others in my group thought it was excellent.

Semi Submarine Tour

(4)
While I enjoyed what I saw - I would have loved to have seen more!