Carnival Elation Cruise Review by spiritstalker: Great First time cruise on the Elation

spiritstalker
Member Since 2012

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Great First time cruise on the Elation

Sail Date: September 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans

We arrived at New Orleans the day before our cruise and stayed at the Holiday Inn Super Dome and did the park and sail package. I DO NOT RECOMMEND, the website stated they offered a shuttle to Bourbon Street and surrounding areas but when we arrived they told us they do not offer that service. On the day of the cruise the shuttle took us to port and the driver said to just call the hotel when we returned for the shuttle to pick us up, when we returned I called and the front desk lady was very rude and said "they don't do pick ups!" So it cost us another 26 dollars for a taxi back to the hotel, it would have been cheaper to park at the port. Now on to the cruise!

Embarking was super easy and very fast, we only waited 10 min before we were on the ramp and boarding the ship. We went straight to Lido deck for drinks and lunch, the food looked amazing but the taste was something else. My only complaint on the whole cruise was the food it was at best comparable to a casino buffet. More It was all pretty bland even in the dining room. The 1st night around 10pm we were in the casino and the ship really started swaying we ran to the deck and the wind was crazy it would almost push you over board! The seas were very rough the 1st night and day, a lot of people were sick and they even put out the little bags by the elevators. A few crew members even told us that is the worse they had seen it. They closed the top two decks the 1st sea day because of high wind. We didn't care we enjoyed rocking back and forth on a deck chair with a drink in our hands catching some rays.

Our cabin was on the main deck and we arrived it had a king size bed, we called the room steward and requested the king size be made into two singles and we also need a bunk bed made, when we returned from dinner our beds were all ready like we requested. Dividing the king gave us a lot more room, the beds were very comfy even the bunk bed. The room was always clean and we had plenty of towels. We never did meet our cabin steward but we were never in our rooms only to change clothes and sleep.

We did not go to any shows on the ship, but we did do a couple rounds of bingo, which was 20 dollars a game, that was one sheet with three cards on it and good for one game, I didn't win a darn thing :(... We also played some of the 5 dollar pull tab lotto cards, my brother and I didn't win a thing, but my sister won 50 bucks on these. We did a little casino time I won 4 bucks ha ha...

When we arrived at Cozumel getting off the ship was a little hectic there was a huge line down the stairs it took us about 30 min or so to get off the ship. We ran to a taxi and headed to Paradise Beach, that place was amazing! Very clean, very beautiful beach and pool the drinks were wonderful and the food was fantastic we joked about smuggling food back on to the ship cause it was so much better. We left our paradise and headed back to the port to do some shopping, wow that was a mad house, and of course the vendors will hound you non stop and you really cannot look around it was annoying, but of course that is not my thing. We boarded the ship a little early around 3pm which was good we beat the crowd and the long line. I could have spent a couple days in Cozumel it was perfect.

The last day at sea was smooth sailing, the ship hardly moved at all we spent the day relaxing on deck, we never had a problem getting a drink on deck someone was always there to take our order. Disembarkation in New Orleans took a bit longer, we had to wait in a very long line for about 45 min but going through security was a breeze. Sad the cruise is over, it was a great first cruise, I loved the ship, the crew, and the destination! Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Elation Interior Main M76

M76 on the main deck was a very quiet and clean. Our room had two singles that made into king and two bunk beds. Our closet was nice sized with three adults we had enough room in the closet for all of us. The bathroom was small and had a small shower but was always clean and we always had enough towels. We were not to far from the elevators it was a great central location.

(5.5)
The port at Cozumel was very clean and easy to get around, we went to Paradise Beach I would highly recommend this place it was beautiful, beaches, pool, new dressing rooms, bathrooms and lockers. The people are friendly the drinks and good were excellent!
Read 3102 Cozumel Reviews