Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by carryoncruising99: What a Breeze!!!!

carryoncruising99
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

What a Breeze!!!!

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I have recently returned from a 12 night cruise on Carnival Breeze around the med. I must admit I was quite apprehensive having read some of the negative reviews on here, especially the poor level of food and the numbers of children left to run wild...........Don't believe a word of it.......

Carnival Breeze is a beautiful welcoming ship, each and every guest is made to feel special by the attentive and caring staff. The staff really take pride in their work and everywhere is clinically clean.

On board there are many things to do for all ages from crazy golf to the crazy water park on the top of the ship and all are a must. In the evening you have a choice of many bars, a nightclub or can just watch a movie on the top deck relaxed on a sun lounger whist looking up at the stars, with a hot chocolate and popcorn. I particularly liked these evenings.

The choice of cuisine is excellent, the lido offers a wide choice for all, and the formal dining is also of a More very high standard. There are also some additional restaurants with a supplementary fee, the Italian is worth a try only $10 and provide food and service at a very good standard.

All in all, this was my first cruise. I had a balcony cabin which was spacious and very comfortable. The ship, staff and service were excellent. The embarkation processes at each port were managed with such precision.

It is very relaxed on board, we had two Elegant Evenings but this is not compulsory and you will see equally as many people relaxing in the robes provided in each cabin.

There were only a few well behaved children on board during our cruise and you would not know they were there.

I also need to point out the comments relating to the sunbeds are not true, whilst the area round the pool does get busy, there are plenty more sunbeds on other decks. My favorite place the Serenity Deck - adults only, hammocks, luxury sunbeds and a cocktail bar. What more can a gal want.

We did not take any of Carnival's excursions but chose to do our own, the ships excursions are quite expensive in comparison. We booked a private tour of Rome with an English speaking guide. This was 500 euros between four people but worth every cent. A train ticket to Florence was 16 euros return and the excursion exceeded 200 euros per person. Just do your homework before you go.

All in all an excellent choice of ship. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 8236

8236 Excellent choice of cabin. Roomy, comfortable, quiet and very very clean.