Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by ComputerTravelGuy

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by ComputerTravelGuy
Norwegian Sun
Norwegian Sun
Member Name: ComputerTravelGuy
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: B1
See More About: Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sun Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sun Deck Plans
NCL Sun Expedition to Iceland, Norway, Scotland and Ireland
I am still smiling about our cruise experience on the NCL Sun from Copenhagen to Norway, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Scotland and Ireland. My wife and I had a great time and here are the positives and unfortunately one negative:

POSITIVES:

- NCL came up with a great itinerary which appealed to it's Latitude Members (who have already taken all the Med, Carib, Alaskian cruises and need more ports to explore). Iceland and Norway were superb but my favorite was the Faroe Island which had some stunning scenery. This was an unexpected jewel.

- NCL Sun staff were very focused on customer service - excellent crew

- Freestyle cruising where dining is restaurant style is done best by NCL. I liked the food and variety but I did hear some negatives here from other cruises wrt other cruise lines. However, I liked the options - especially the fish options.

- Oddly dance opportunities were expanded by the NCL Cruise Director to accommodate the demand for these fun classes. My wife and I participated in Tango, Salsa and Samba classes. We enjoyed the excellent instruction and fun cruise staff Gabi and Anastasia who did an excellent job teaching classes to novices and helping us progress. An unexpected positive for this fun cruise.

- Music at the Bars (Latin Group and Exotique) were excellent. We had fun dancing to tunes with both evening entertainers.

NEGATIVES:

- The Ship's main dancing and entertainers for the main shows were very disappointing. The Encore show was adequate but the Shout and the We Will Rock You shows were just awful. The singers lacked soul and authenticity and the dancers didn't seem engaged with the music. After most songs, the audience remained silent but some did give a polite applause at the end of NCL crew shows. NCL should consider getting singers who can sell a blues or rock songs -they lacked intensity and could not sell the songs. NCL Jade has a stunning show called Elements which was the best I've seen on the sea but NCL Sun shows are quite disappointing. Thankfully, the imported shows (not NCL cast members) were good at providing the variety and performance quality to provide an overall good experience.

Publication Date: 10/02/12