Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by MorganGirl1973

Norwegian Gem
Norwegian Gem
Member Name: MorganGirl1973
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Norwegian Gem Cruise Reviews | Cruise to Nowhere Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Gem Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Gem Deck Plans
First time cruising - Cruise to Nowhere - NYC
Just came back from a 2 day cruise to nowhere out of NYC on the beautiful Norwegian Gem. The ship was absolutely upscale and exceeded my expectations. This was my first cruise ever and I was very pleased with the ship and fantastic service Norwegian provided my and my 4 sisters on this cruise.

We had a balcony room which was I would suggest having no more than 2 people per room comfortably. The bathroom was extremely small. I am a plus sized gal and I had some trouble putting clothes on in the bathroom - so just be aware of that :)

We ate mostly at the Garden Cafe (buffet dining) which all of the food was great!! Great selection and way better than any buffet style I ever had. On the last night on the cruise, we at the Grand Pacific main dining room. The service was very good. Ambiance was excellent and they claim to have 5 star meals here but I did not see this. I orders roast chicken and it was simply okay - nothing I would write home about.

For fun, we spent alot of time on the Lido deck (party deck 12) and this was a very fun space. Drinks were fantastic and music and atmosphere was great too. We also spent some time on the Spinnaker lounge. This was a beautiful lounge and dance club. Very chic and modern - highly recommend giving the dance club a try. Great music and again great service as well.

We also spent some time in Bliss bar and club. This was a very cool bar with a edgy rock feel to it. I wanted to tell you that I lost mt small black Coach clutch in it with all of my ID's, Ipod, new Iphone 5 in it as well. I was frantic and told the staff immediately. They told me to give them a description of this and to also go to Lost and Found to submit a claim. I was extremely upset and knew that I had lost it forever!! As we were waiting to go to dinner at the Grand Pacific, one of the staff members from Bliss came towards me with my purse on a drink platter. I almost cried!!!! I thanked him so much for finding this for me and told him that "I want to kiss you on the mouth right now!!!" He stood there while I checked my purse to see if anything was missing and it was. This to me was superior customer service which I want to thank Norwegian for setting a great example to other cruise lines. This service would definitely sway me to book a cruise with NCL if nothing else!!

I would recommend this cruise for anyone thinking of a cruise to see if cruising is for them. Also, this cruise was extremely affordable. It cost me a total of $500 with gratuities for the 2 night cruise. I also bought 2 bottles of liquor which was included in the total amount that I spent on this cruise. Not a bad way to spend 500 bucks - 2 day cruise out of the prettiest city and all you can eat with spectacular service!!!

Thank you NCL for a great time!!!!

Publication Date: 10/02/12