Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Tutontow

Cabin Category: 8M
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+

All in All A Good Time On The Dream
This will be a different type of review. I won't drag it out. The night before the cruise we stayed at the Radisson at the port . Money well spent. We did the park and cruise.

Embarkation was a breeze. Arrived at the port and was on the ship in 30 minutes.

The aft cabin with a balcony was fantastic. We had four suitcases and they stowed out of site. Plenty of room and storage. The view was great and sipping champagne on balcony on the way out was sweet. Yes we had some soot issues but nothing to be concerned about.

Food was very good in all of the venues. My wife is an excellent cook and me being a firefighter for 33 years I know good food and this was good food. The presentation, sauces and seasoning were all very good. Even the hot dogs by the pool had chili,cheese and grilled onions.

The tables at the buffet were constantly being picked up.

Everyone was friendly and polite including the other passengers. I was surprised that with 4000 plus people on board it never felt crowded and nobody seemed rude.

People seemed to be genuinely enjoying themselves. My cabin neighbors 10 and 12 year old children had the time of their lives.

The things we didn't do we heard were very good, the shows etc.

The value for the price was very good.

We did bon voyage gin and champagne. Money well spent.

We did the Chef's Table it was good and I am glad I did it but I don't think I would do it again. If you are a foodie is definitely worth doing once. The chef is very good and very nice but he has a thick accent and that combined with the noise in the galley I couldn't hear / understand him. I think they should let you tour the galley then take you to a quieter, more subdued area to eat. After all it is a nine course, over the top gourmet meal.

We had a couple of issues that aren't even worth mentioning here but I will say Carnival made it right and also refunded us 20% of the cruise price in compensation. I do wish the cabin stewards would try to be a little quieter. They seem to start at 8 AM and they yell back and forth and slam doors etc. I think they want you up and out so they can clean your cabin.

Disembarking went very well but we were briefly detained by customs. Come to find out my wife had on so much bling they thought we might have bought it in port and did not declare it.

Oh one last thing we did smell "the smell", only once. It wasn't bad and it was by the sushi bar. It smelled like sulphur water to me. I wonder if it is when they spray the windows they are using non potable water.

I would definitely sail the Dream again and once again Carnival bends over backwards to show you a good time

Publication Date: 10/02/12