Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by celie1110: Our Dream Cruise

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Liberty of the Seas 9/22/12-9/29/12

A little about us. It was my husband Jerry (48) and my (49) 2nd anniversary cruise. It has always been my dream to cruise the Mediterranean and especially see Rome. My wonderful husband made this dream a reality. We booked this cruise in October of 2011 so I had 11 months of planning. I immediately joined the roll call,which had 3 other people already, and started talking cruise!

Thursday, September 20, 2012
The time has come!! I have never been so excited for a trip as I was for this one. I woke up early that morning, like a child on Christmas Day. I had some last minute running around to do, dropped my fur baby at the Doggie Daycare/boarder and off we went to JFK to catch our 7:35 pm overnight flight to Barcelona. We arrived on time in Barcelona, going through customs was a breeze and our luggage was coming around the belt when we got there. I had booked a transfer/tour through Barcelona Day Tours and there was Guiseppe More waiting for us right where the said he would be. He showed us all the highlights of Barcelona in a wonderful whirlwind tour. But since neither Jerry or I slept on the plane we both found ourselves dozing in between stops. It had nothing to do with the tour, it was great, but we were just so exhausted.
Our pre cruise hotel was Hotel Regina, a beautiful old hotel right off Las Ramblas.

Cruise Day September 22, 2012
We booked a transfer to the pier through Royal Caribbean. We made it to the pier by 11:15, we were on the ship and at the windjammer by 11:40. It was the quickest embarkation ever! Cabins were available at 1:00 sharp and our luggage was at our door by 1:30! We spent the day exploring this beautiful ship!

Toulan September 23, 2012
We spent the day on board the ship. We slept in late and just wandered the ship, watched the sexiest man contest and just relaxed for our next few crazy days. This was the night we went to Chops for dinner. Appetizers- I had the crab-shrimp cake and Jerry had the onion soup. Both were delicious. Main course- I had the Filet Minion which was very good but Jerry had the porterhouse steak which he didn't like. It was full of fat and grizzle. The sides were mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes with prosciutto ( omg so good) and onion rings.

Villefrance September 24, 2012
We joined a group from our Roll Call for tours for the next 3 days. Melanie ( hi Melanie) was wonderful and put together these tours for us. Today's tour was with Riviera Premium Tours. I don't rember our guides name but he was excellent. We went to a perfume factory, the mideviel village of Eze- so cool, Monaco- saw Prince Raniers Palace and the changing of the guards. While there we noticed the weather changing so we started making our way back to the van. Before we got to the van the skies opened open. I think they had a small hurricane, hail, strong winds, traffic lights went out, streets flooded, we were soaked! Since the weather got so bad we never made it to Monte Carlo and the casino.

Pisa/Florence
Our next 2 days were with Your Tours in Italy, also arranged by Melanie. Our tour guide was the very talkative fun Laura. Pisa was absolutely amazing! It was one of those moments when you first see something it actually takes your breath away. That's what happened when I first saw the leaning tower. It was unbelievable! We saw the basilica de San Croce, basilica Santa Maria and did some leather shopping in Florence. At the end of the day Laura took us to a neighborhood gelato place. OMG, so good!

Rome
This is the port I was most excited about! Our guide was the funny, energetic Salvatore. He kept us entertained and laughing between stops. We saw the Colleseum, Roman Forum, piazza Navona, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Circus Maximus and St. Peter's Basillica. Within all that we found time to stop at a wonderful family restaurant for a nice lunch.

Naples
For this port we decided to do a ship our of Pompeii. It was a nice short 4 hr tour. To tell the truth, this was my least favorite of the ports. It was just ok

Now the ship!

Liberty of the Seas is a beautiful ship! It has so much to offer,from the pa to shopping to eating to relaxing.

Food
We ate every meal at the Windjammer except 1 night at Chops and 1 night we had room service. We had no complaints about the food in the Windjammer at all.

Shows
We didn't see any so we can't comment on them

Casino
The Casino was very good to us. We had allotted $50 a day to gamble. My husband hit 2 Jackpots on the penny machines - 1 was a hand payout. What he won actually paid for 1 of our fares! We also both walked out with T-shirts and key chains each.

Activities
We went to some, but not all. We felt that the evening activities were too late for our early wake up calls for the ports. The ones we went to were fun.

Internet service
We bought a package Internet service in order to keep in touch with family and to see our fur baby at the daycare via webcam. For some reason I couldn't get the webcam through RC Internet service but was able to through my phone at the ports. I was a little disappointed at that.

We had a balcony D2 stateroom. The room was a perfect size for us with ample storage space. Our stateroom attendant was Dario, he was very good, got us everything we asked for within minutes.

The one thing I have to complain about was the smell in the hallway and on the stairs between floors 6-8. It was some kind of sewage smell but it wasn't enough to ruin our cruise.

That's about it. We had a wonderful cruise and plan on cruising with Royal Caribbean again Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>