Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Sugarlovestotravel: Inspiration

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Southern Caribbean Cruises

Inspiration

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

I've been fortunate to take 2 cruises over the last 4 yrs, working on my 3rd for next year. My first cruise were with my sisters on Carnival Inspiration it was 7 of us. For 5 days we went to Grand Caymans Island and Cozumel Mexico. Some of us Parasailed an others did the bottom glass boat in the Grand Caymans. In Cozumel we all did the Tequila farm. Can u say "Toasted". It was exhilarating an explosive. The best time I ever had with my sisters in a long time.
The food was exceptional. I had no problems with anything from maintenance to servers. In fact, our servers were so fun they remembered us from the first day and continued to service us outside the dining hall. They sang songs, danced an did Congo lines in the dining hall.
We met a lot of great people on the boat some a little snobby but we made the best of it cause it is a "Fun cruise" after-all.

Since then I had the chance to go back for another 5 days and be on the Carnival Ecstasy. On this trip I went with a More friend, ("seemed like more couples on this trip"), and our spots were Nassau, Freeport, an Key West. In Nassau we did the Atlantis Aquarium along with our own exploring the city. Gorgeous place recommend it to everyone. Freeport on the other hand don't bother. It's more of an industry for business nothing else. Last Key West, I didn't do any tours here. It was nice to just walk around and look at the shops an historical points. I also stopped at a few of the local bars one in particular Captain Tony's. It's the oldest bar in Key West. I'm not going to spoil it because this is one place you definitely have to checkout for yourself a lot of interesting things going on in there (women bras), just to say. Although this cruise didn't have a lot of entertainment like the Inspiration I found the best bartender they had, and I still made the best of it from the previous time.

Between the 2 cruises I'm hooked. Carnival Inspiration has set the bar. No more 5 days for us were looking for longer trips to enjoy the cruising sensation and/or experience. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy Oceanview Empress E180

I stayed in the Ocean view room towards the AFT, excellent location to get to the dining hall and Lido deck, converted the twin beds to king, spacious, clean an quiet.

Freeport's not a place for fun or exploring. I didn't find anything interesting to do there. It was a slight hurricane that came thru so it rained hard for about 45 min then the sun came out. The only thing to do was to shop the little shops near where the boat is docked. After so many of those it gets repeated an draining. Not interested in going back.
Read 773 Freeport Reviews

Atlantis Aquarium

(5)
The Aquarium was amazing. I never seen anything like it before. So many sea creatures I didn't know we had. While visiting the aquarium I got a chance to go thru the Casino. It had beautiful Sculptures throughout the building that I enjoyed I couldn't stop taking pictures in front of them. My favorite was the Kings chair I believe. It was huge so when u took a picture of yourself it seemed like you're a dwarf sitting in it. I loved the whole experience in Nassau the whole Island was gorgeous and the people very polite. I would do it again. Don't forget to try the local beer it was awesome.