Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by u2harmony: Fascination was Great!

u2harmony
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Bahamas Cruises

Fascination was Great!

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

This was a first cruise for my husband and a third for me, though I've not cruised in many years. I selected the Fascination because of the short itinerary and older/smaller ship. It was absolutely PERFECT!

We had a Grand Suite, so with VIP check in, it was very easy, though I must say that the lines for regular check in seemed to be running along quite quickly and smoothly. We were on board and having lunch before 11:30am at the Grill on the Lido deck. The food was great! Overall, I would say that the food was exceptionally great. We ate everywhere. Dining room, Pizza, Deli, Grill, Coconut Grove, Room Service....I did not have a single item that I didn't like. Food was cooked well, all was clean and there were absolutely NO obnoxious people.

Our cabin was lovely! Immediately upon meeting my steward, I gave her an extra $20 and asked for ice each evening. She was great and we certainly had ice each evening at turn down. (We also gave her another $20 on the last night More because she was so nice) The Grand Suite was plenty big enough for the two of us, very, very comfortable and the balcony was large (70 square feet) so we enjoyed that a lot as well.

We did not attend any of the shows, so I can't comment on those, but we did the Behind the Fun Tour and that was exceptional! Very interesting!! We also spent a bit of time in the casino and the staff there was very nice.

We enjoyed Key West and rented a golf cart on our own to explore it. The Hemingway House is a must see! We did not go to Nassau having been there before, so we stayed on the ship and enjoyed the spa and relaxing. The pool and serenity area were never too crowded to get a chair and people were very kind and friendly. I would highly recommend this cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fascination Suite Upper U70

We were in a Grand Suite. Cabin # U70 on the Upper Deck. It was quite spacious and very well decorated. We had plenty of room for the two of us. The bed was very comfortable. The closet and drawer space was more than we needed. The safe worked very well. The bathroom was larger than most with a marble sink and a jacuzzi, however you have to be a very small person to fit in the jacuzzi as it was quite small. The shower was good though! We had a large sitting area and a nice sized balcony. The was a hairdryer, 2 outlets...1 in the bathroom and 1 in the bedroom. We also had a fridge which was very handy for soda.

We rented a golf cart and explored on our own.
Read 729 Key West Reviews