Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by marrriedwithkid: Just Returned with Family on Fantasy

marrriedwithkid
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Fantasy Bahamas Cruises

Just Returned with Family on Fantasy

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

Family of three including our 8 yr old daughter, and we had an awesome time! My coworker is an avid cruiser and goes on the Fantasy often. She had someVERY helpful tips for us :
1- Take a power strip, only one outlet in our room
2- You can take soda on in reasonable amounts, and 1 bottle of wine pp over 21
3- Take a lanyard for everyone and have guest services hole punch your room card
4- Room had shampoo, body wash in shower and women's deodorant sample
5- Take hairdryer, not one in room
5- Take dvd player for kids nothing on tv for them if you plan on staying in at all
6- They provide beach towels for you in room
7- just say no to photographers if you don't want to buy pics. We did formal night but only then
8- If you like to sip on drink a lot take your own cup. I filled up before we left beverage areas and never went thirsty and I didn't bug our room steward. They did have ice bucket that our steward kept full which was great since we brought More our own soda
9- You can book excursions cheaper outside of the cruise line.

At Nassau, we booked dolphin encounter thru Blue Lagoon Island. We had a great time! We did the dolphin encounter because website said our girl was too young but found out we could have signed waiver and done the swim. It was fabulous and worth the 98/per person we paid. Its not worth the upgrade for full beach day which included lunch and inflatable water park. It was very mossy and my daughter wouldn't go near them and most of the handles were ripped off. We could have stayed and had beach day without upgrading and just paid for lunch. It was a dream come true to interact with dolphins and swim in the clear water though. Just be careful and watch ferry times so you don't miss your boat. BTW there is a ferry from cruise terminal that we didn't find out about until our way back which saves money on taxi.

As for Freeport, if you want souvenirs you can find them right there when you get off the boat but we took taxi to shopping area and found same things. It was a learning experience.

As for the boat, we enjoyed it. My daughter enjoyed camp carnival and we let her pick what she wanted to do. Don't miss the Beatles show "Ticket to Ride" in the last sea day. Coffee at shop on mid deck 9 was wonderful and so was Barista's. They remembered our names and drink of choice. I wish they would have a few more shows or comedy acts but we had a great vacation. Oh, forgot to mention the dolphins playing outside our room at port in Charleston and saw sea turtle swimming by our room on day two!

Stay away from room R144 and surrounding room. We could hear water running almost constantly and it wasn't just shower from another room. There was also a clunking noise from underneath our room that I heard off and on the whole trip which was annoying. I have to say that the good times definitely outweighed the bad and I would definitely go again! Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy Oceanview Riviera R144

Loved seeing dolphins and sea turtle outside our window! Cabin was roomy compared to our room on Royal Caribbean Monarch of the seas. This specific room was noisy from below with metal clanking throughout the trip and water running which wasn't from showers. Overall I would travel in an identical room but not this specific one.

Straw market in town has same stuff as little market at the port so don't waste taxi fare.
Read 779 Freeport Reviews

Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day

(4)
Awesome experience but don't fall for upgrade to all day beach pass. We could have stayed and played and just bought lunch on our own. Inflatables were covered with algae and handles ripped off so not worth the money. Will never forget dolphin encounter it was one of my greatest experiences ever!

Dolphin Encounter

(5.5)
Wonderful experience! You can upgrade to swim for kids if you sign a waiver. We didn't find out until program started that it was possible. Also don't fall for upgrade to beach day. We could have stayed and just paid for lunch. Inflatable park covered with algae and lots of handles missing making it hard to get up.