Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Upgate: As Expected

As Expected

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I looked at the reviews on this ship before I book this cruise.I like to do my research before I pay my money and take my cruise then I hopefully know what I am going to enjoy or not.Unlike some reviews i read when it is apparent some people have just been to lazy to do this and then look for someone to pin the blame on.Like: people were smoking!There are loads of ships out there these days pick one that is not a smoking friendly one. And: we are vegetarian and it was all meat.do not go into cagneys steak house then! It was full of Americans: do not chose an American cruise liner going out of America.

Anyway on with the review.Boarding and disembarkation we found fine.a bit of a wait going of say 45min but then you have to register your credit card.we all had cool lemonade if you wanted it.disembarkation was Easy the best we chose to take are own luggage off. The ship is big but there is lots signs and interactive boards.the lifts are colour-coded as to where you are on the More ship. we found the lifts could be quite slow at busy times. we were lucky as it was out of school holiday time and not many children on the ship but I can imagine it would be very noisy when the ship is full and with lots of children. But then this is a Child friendly ship and you would expect this. I still felt the music was far louder than it needed to be.
waves bar and the adult area were the worst places you could not hold a conversation. we found the bar service an attitude were probably the worse and as far as I am concerned we are paying 15 percent for that smile on every drink!not good enough NCL!apart from that most things were very good the restaurant staff in all areas main or specialty are nice friendly and hard working.
The cabin boy once I reminded him who was on holiday was fine.the cabin I did have some worries about turned out to be ok.yes there is a privacy issue with toilet and shower but I found the noise of the flush more annoying more like a volcanic Eruption.the bed was very comfortable and long enough.some people had an issue with this I can only think they are built like giraffes I am 5ft 10 and still a lot of room.balcony is a fine size so is the cabin as a whole, I would however recommend a mini suite it is slightly bigger and the sink is in a better position. there is lots of Storagewe liked the circus show but only felt the food average. legends show ok elvis good so is rod stuart Madonna should stay backstage maybe give her a little job with the lighting.blue man group were very good not something I thought I would like.
the itinerary is very good a lot to fit in though so up at 6am to be ready and have breakfast and on land also remember to book your tender at cannes we did it as soon as we got on the ship this is important if you have not purchased your excursions via ncl I booked with cruise excursions.co there ok but you get what you pay for it was a bit rushed on all trips we did 5 in total Naples,Rome,Florence-Pisa,Cannes,marseille make sure you have done a bit of pre fitness training your need it at the rate your rushed around and do not think about enjoying it that's extra, 45min at the colosseum also at Cannes we had a half day booked and when the guide showed up he told us we had all been upgraded to a full day great if that's what you wanted but one couple had other arrangements for the afternoon the guide just said well don't come. lovely customer service!too summarise great holiday ship good not brilliant but what is

we had 3 days in barcelona after the cruise very nice and I can recommend the abba sants.it was my 50th birthday holiday and I can say that most of it went well both the Norwegian epic and the abba sants were very good choices and I would return to both.HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 9084

We found the mini suite cabin good lots of Storage nice comfy bed good balcony.did not like the toilet arrangements.