Carnival Elation Cruise Review by WeLuvToKruise

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Elation Cruise Review by WeLuvToKruise
Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation
Member Name: WeLuvToKruise
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 6D
Cabin Number: E-91

Never do this again !!
I don't know what Carnival Elation the rest of the people reviewing sailed on, but the Carnival Elation that I sailed on is not worth the money no matter how cheap. OK that may be a little rough because there are some very nice things I can say about certain aspects of the ship.

First off the process to board and debark is run very smoothly I give them an A for that. This was our first time traveling out of New Orleans and must say it was a nice experience from that aspect. Also the food was very good. The dinners were very nice, but I think my wife and I enjoyed the hot deli sandwiches and fresh pizzas/calzones the most.

Now for the bad parts. Our room was very,very loud. At first I thought it was because we were below the dining room, but the banging/creeking noises were happening constantly from 3:00-4:30 in the morning. I said something to the guest services desk and they said they look into it after he made me felt like I had some nerve to even complain about it. Never heard back, it happened every night of the cruise and it was very hard to sleep.

Bingo was a complete joke, I would never recommend it to anyone. You literally spend 30-40 minutes to get your card, spend $20 for your card and it for one game!!! You heard me right, one game that lasts 10 minutes!!!!

The room itself wasn't very clean. The shower was dirty and had a little mold in it, dust was coming out of the vent, and there was garbage from the last cruiser under our bed !!! Speaking of dust it was all over grate above the vanity and closets, as well as the base boards. The room really needed a good deep cleaning. Like I said the dinners were good, but the service was poor. It took forever to get anything, it appeared to us that because we didn't order any drinks we did get he same service. I finally had to say something to the waiter. The next nights were the same so we finally decided to eat somewhere else the last 2 nights. I would give this cruise a 3 and that's being very, very kind

Publication Date: 09/29/12