Golden Princess Cruise Review by jimmy&sharon: September cruise to remember

September cruise to remember

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

We set sail from Seattle Washington, Keeping an eye on the weather for 6 months out all we saw was rain. Was this going to be worth it? Yes! We had one day of light drizzle in Juneau. Other than that the weather was perfect, Mid 50's to low 70's. Wonderful. We had a Balcony on the Aloha deck, Princess Golden, which I strongly suggest, No one above us, but we could see all four floors below us. Yes we behaved. We had whales swim right up to the ship, it was simply wonderful. Glacier Bay is a sight to see.
Our first port of call was Juneau, Alaska. It was a cool drizzly day. We did not book any excursions, though they do offer many wonderful ones. The town is quite cute, we wondered through the shops getting nick nacks for family and friends.
Our second port of call, skagway. Beautiful skagway. We did the white pass summit train ride. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Lush mountain sides, snow capped peaks. What a jewel. Cost was $129. Per person, well worth More every penny.
Off to the third port of call. Cruising through Glacier Bay. What a sight to see. Oh my. That my friends made the whole trip. No port to speak of, just cruising. A nice hit pot of coffee on the balcony of our room and beautiful scenery for miles on end. Pair of gloves, light jacket, a hat to cover your ears and you are set.
Take a good camera, we borrowed my daughters,pictures got better toward the end, we didn't know a thing about the camera. Do the cruise, you wont regret. Only negative thing I can think of was the hot dog buffet for dinner one night, That was Bad. All other food was top notch. We ate buffet most of the time because we like to be casual, but the two nights we did go to the restaurant it was top notch, along with the service. And the baked Alaskan dessert, oh my my, to die for. I gained at least 5 pounds on this cruise.
We had a balcony stateroom Aloha 705. Great room, great service from Raoul. The trip was the best we have ever taken. Will definitely do again.

4th port, Ketchikan Alaska. Have friends that live there so we got the private tour. A little smelly, this time of year the salmon swim up stream and die. Still lovely.

Last port, Victoria, BC.

Got there too late, dark, could not see much.

Do Alaska. You won't be sorry Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Golden Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Caribe Deck A705

Aloha deck balcony. The best. Noone over you. And buffet is a floor away. No complaints the golden princess is perfect.

No excursions here. Cute town. Lots to see. Locals are friendly. Lots of excursions to pick from. But we wanted to hit the end of season sales.
Read 838 Juneau Reviews

Friends live here. We got the private tour. Lots of bald eagles and black bear. Don't forget the salmon.. they swim up stream and die this time of year. But the fishing is awesome.

White Pass Scenic Railway

(5.5)
Most beautiful mountains I have ever seen. Old rail tracks, mountain goats, snow capped mountains beautiful sight. Nothing compares. The train ride was 3 hours long. So much to see. You step out on the platforms between rail cars and take a deep breath of mountain air, pine filled scents that tingle your nose and lungs. $129. Per person, priceless.

Beautiful city. Got in at 7 pm. Back on ship at 11 pm. Could not do much, it wad dark. Town all lite up. Pretty. But no time to visit.
Read 554 Victoria Reviews