Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by DEUCESRWILD

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by DEUCESRWILD
Allure of the Seas
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

ALLURE A SHIP I COULD JUST LIVE ON !!!

Well its time to make good on the promise I made to all on board that worked so very hard and really made this one outstanding week. It goes without saying that many already know about the young lady that went over , at the 47 mile marker out of Lauderdale on the first night. After weeks of total OCD and many hours of Due diligence to make sure what I expected was fully realized and to make sure that before I boarded I had all the bases covered--These are my observations from start to finish.

09/16- I arrived at the terminal direct from the FLL airport at about 11:30 AM and it was storming, I cannot blame the ground or RCCL staff for the fact my limo driver decided to let us off well down from the "Suite" entrance and luggage drop off area, but a very sharp porter realized this mess and was spot on with an umbrella and walked us through all the crowds with luggage in tow, we were in the terminal in 20 seconds. We were guests of RCCL and they actually had a representative waiting for us by name and escorted us from curb to counter and then upstairs in all of 15 minutes. Approx 10 minutes later we were headed up the gangway into a brave new world LOL-- We dont mess around first stop was Bolero's for Espresso Martinis and smokes, yes you can smoke in so many areas of this ship it was wonderful!!! We were treated first class from the start Elena in Bolero's was on top of the drinks pronto..After a few casuals we were told that our suite on 17 was ready and off we went.

09/16-- PM ok its now 12:30 and we enter wonderland-- NOTE we were guests of RCCL Casino dept and stayed first class all the way **Note Our numbers nationally in the gaming world allow for certain perks, this trip was one of them and we were not asked to guarantee a gaming amount however they knew if there is a casino it was a no brainer-- Crown Loft 1756 First off the elevator quiet as a mouse next to the Chapel.. Clean as could be and was decorated with all types of fun things for my wife's birthday with all types of goodies already in the suite for us. No sooner then we are in our Loft Attendant extraordinaire Hackshaw Kermuel arrives with more goodies--Bottles of Cabernets and lets us know he is ours for the week. This guy was immaculate all the way--& he never knew the word NO always did what we needed and then some !!! **HINT for anyone Although we pre paid for the gratuity package upfront one of the few things we had to pay for on day one I give everyone cash upfront.. Trust me it shows your intent and it goes a long way -- Luggage arrived no later then 2 pm we packed like it was 180 day cruise unpacked and all-set up in 30 Min's and off to explore-- The muster drill was easy and lasted only 15 minutes or so and everyone needs to go-- they scan you in and better safe then sorry-- Up to the sail away and we were off..On time and on target at 5 pm exactly -- Sail away was spent on one of the nice perks they have for grand suite level and above is the Suite Sun Zone section of the fore section deck 17 No kiddies and very few people -- Ravi was the king of the bar and went far and beyond normal great service-- & Fabio who in the evenings was our liquor and drink master in the dining room nights was up there as well.

09/16 --Dinner Time--After meeting our casino hosts Helena and Petra and Martin O'Gorman the director of gaming for the Allure and spending a few grand in the casino it was off to the first nights dining , which we chose main dining room.. Long day it was not the time for the specialty restaurants which we did for the balance of the trip but more later on those great venues.

We were lucky My Time Dining was the only way to go and I only like a deuce I do not want to eat with other people, sorry -- I'm selfish If I want to yap at dinner I will go with my in-laws LOL We really lucked out-- Had section 726 Hera,Ramon.Fabio and Issac as the master of the crew to keep it all running-- 4 of the nicest people on the ship to take care of us. No matter how many videos of the excellent galley control, inventory, details and controls its still Cruise Ship mass dining..It was made special by the service but you will always encounter cold dinner rolls , and maybe because it was day 1 and we were tired and about 15 martinis and wine in LOL but quite sober the food was simply ok to good however on future nights in the dining room it excelled...There were all new menus starting on this voyage for all the dining venues as well.

As previously mentioned a long day and it was now after 9 PM time to go back into the casino which we enjoyed very much.... Not a place to win for sure and we are huge players all over the country-- Its just not set up like a standard hold percentage casino and we accepted it for the fun that it was, at trips end we still dropped a good 5 figures with them. Not too shabby for a ship.

About 11 pm we were hanging out on the huge balcony and I noticed the stack exhaust was banking down to the side of the vessel and not trailing behind as in motion. we were dead stop and now on the pivot with search lights all over the place. Funny because we saw some real schmucks at sail away hammered acting like they could fly like Superman with flags as capes, my wife says "wow I think maybe one of them went over" LOL but not funny it was in fact a young lady---details are all over the place and I will not debate them here--However it caused us to miss Nassau on Monday the 17th and totally screwed up major plans I had made for a birthday celebration and people were now on Nassau waiting for us I was needless to say not a happy camper yes pissed off if anyone on the boat didn't like my attitude they knew my answer tough

Off to St Thomas and 3 days on the ship -- Not what we wanted but it was all good -- explored the ship made the best of all she had to offer etc etc To make this review shorter because I could write a book about the trip here are the fine points -

The specialty restaurants were GREAT 150 Central Park I have no words to describe the service we received- Christian our server and also a fine Sommelier was top notch for the whole 3 hours it took to have dinner there. Special thanks to others that served Yorgi , Servy The manager for Giovanni's Table was all over us with service. All I can say is just do it pack your bags go on Allure and take it all in--I can only talk from this experience and as I said we had special arrangements and were treated like family---

Special Thanks to Our Captain and to Raimund Gschaider Hotel Director for our private parties and private tour of the ship and trip to the bridge. Each day was filled with plenty to do --In a clean beautiful and unique setting. I cannot review any of the shows that is not our thing or the specific clubs either we like to party and gamble and do other things on and off the ship, however I heard nothing but rave conversations about all the venues and what they offered. We are NOT regular cruisers so I cannot review this against many other trips- We do what we want and vacation in many places all over the world and no matter what anyone says on these reviews This was a remarkable time, with wonderful people. So shake the short change from your old fruit jar and buy a cruise on the Allure... !!!!! Thank you

Publication Date: 09/28/12