“Terrific trip on ”

Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
The ship, for me, was simply too small and the demographic too old. My husband and I (both "young" early 50s) were by far the youngest people on board. While our fellow cruisers were very nice, interesting folks, the dynamic was not really for me. After 12 nights on board I became tired of the lack of different public space (how many times can you have a drink in the same bar or eat in the same place?) In fact, oftentimes the cocktail lounge pre-dinner was so crowded there were no seats (thanks to the antiquated "smoking section.") Service was terrific, food good (though significantly better in the specialty restaurants), suite more than adequate. The three sea days were looooooooong, and not much was offered on board in terms of activities. I loved that we never saw a bill and the wine/cocktails were first-rate. As for the stops, St. Petersburg was interesting indeed and much prettier than expected. That said, GOD BLESS AMERICA! The big surprise was the lovely city of Helsinki! Excursions were VERY expensive. I would definitely recommend this trip for well-traveled people who would like to experience something completely different from the usual...
Silver Whisper Cruises to the Baltic Sea
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Silver Whisper Review
Silver Whisper Cruises to the Baltic Sea
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?